• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRk in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaShadowVQ5

Greetings,
I am currently looking into getting PRK done here in San Diego. I have an eye examine next week, and I will ask the optometrist to suggest places to have the surgery. I was just curious if anyone here locally, could recommend a place to have the procedure done, and how much it cost you? (I know that figure can vary depending on severity of correction etc.)

Thanks again

Alex

zilber

pilot
I am guessing that you are active duty Navy, and if you are, the Navy hospital in San Diego will do the PRK for free. I don't have all of the information, but I know people who flew to San Diego to get free PRK there.

lotsoquestions

I don't know if you're willing to drive to LA to get it done, but if you are, there is a great doc up here. He's quoted in the NY Times all the time and was named one of LA's 10 best docs by LA Magazine. I had wavefront PRK with him about 4 weeks ago... already seeing 20/15. Regular PRK costs about $3800 and wavefront about $4600. His office has a website, la-sight.com. Hope this helps

-T

FozzieBear

I got mine done at the Shiley Eye Center at UCSD by Dr. Schanzlan. Went from 20/200 to 20/15. Cost was about $3000. I recommend him.

SeaShadowVQ5

Hey,
Thanks for your replies. I am still deciding on which place to use. My eye doctor suggested Pacific Laser Eye Center (www.paclaser.com). The San Diego Eye Bank and the Shiley Eye Center look like great choices too (i want to stay locally). I'm trying to time the surgery in the break between school semesters this summer. Zilber Im not active duty, though I hope to be one day. I'm planning on going to the information seminar on the 19th at the Pacific Laser Eye center .

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.