• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prk-- But Currently In Tbs-- Any Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9660

I'm currently in Charlie Co at TBS (nfo contract); its about the 3rd week and during the initial physical, the eye examiner said that I could not get on the waiting list for PRK, because it has to be done at the area you will be training in/ getting the surgery. Does anybody have any gouge/advice on how I can get the PRK ball rolling, even if I have to pay for it myself, or when will be the soonest time in my case that I can either pay for it out of my pocket, or get on the waiting list? thanks.
Chris

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
A guy in my Plt from TBS (ground contract type) had PRK done at Bathesda during the 4th or 5th month. There were also several more in the company that had it done.

Are you trying to get your contract switched to pilot? I don't know much about the PRK thing, but I hear there is a wait (6 months, but can't confirm it) before you can fly. IF, and a big IF, you can get your contract switched then I think it'd be worth the wait. There are worse places to be waiting around than Pensacola Fl.

Good luck!

Shadow9660

E5B,
Good point. Actually I am just trying to get on the waiting list in general. I figured since I would be at TBS for 6 months, I could get started on the list, but the admin bubba at the eye station said you could only get on the list in the area that you will be getting the surgery when the list expires...is this true? Also, is it legal for me try and get it on my own? Whos approval do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.