• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK and outdoor activity - Long Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.rasbora

Hi everyone, I recently had PRK done 2 weeks ago and wanted to know your long term results.

My questions:
When/how long ago was your PRK surgery?

Do you have to wear sunglasses every time you're outside now to prevent the risk of corneal hazing?

How often are you outside without sunglasses/UV protection and how is your vision now?

Thank you in advance!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi everyone, I recently had PRK done 2 weeks ago and wanted to know your long term results.

My questions:
When/how long ago was your PRK surgery?

Do you have to wear sunglasses every time you're outside now to prevent the risk of corneal hazing?

How often are you outside without sunglasses/UV protection and how is your vision now?

Thank you in advance!

I think there’s a LASIK / PRK mega post on here where you might be able to find some of your answers…

c.rasbora

I'm trying to survey for those who have had PRK 5+ years ago if they have had to wear sunglasses on a daily basis post-op. I read a case study on a patient who developed severe corneal hazing 3 years post-surgery after going to Barbados however I believe that is a one off scenario and would like to know what others have experienced.

I would like to see how many of us here have been out in sunlight regularly without sunglasses since their PRK surgery and see if they have developed any corneal haze/visual changes. I don't think this is covered after going through many of the posts under this sub-topic.

smpl_dude

I had PRK like a year and a half ago. My eyes feel great and I can see the nuts on a gnat. No sensitivity to sunlight or anything.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why should we care? Anyone who has that level of side effects is almost certainly not going to pass an initial flight physical. If you're paranoid about what's going to happen post-PRK, relax because there's nothing you can do. It took me a couple of months to settle down 20+ years ago when I got it, but like a previous poster said, I could see the nuts on a gnat and was 20/10 plus until I started to get old. And yeah, I had double vision for a month or two and a bunch of the other listed side effects. Because I have normal human eyes.

If you're trolling for some news story or lawsuit or something, then GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.