• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK and NOMI API Flight Physical

Ryno0623

I had my last flight physical in March 2005, 3 months after my PRK surgery. They couldn't give me my waiver then, but everything went alright. I got my waiver 6 months after that. Well, my question is, is the eye portion of the NOMI Flight Physical down in Pensecola before API more intense for those who have had PRK compared to those who have not had PRK?

NavyLonghorn

I had my last flight physical in March 2005, 3 months after my PRK surgery. They couldn't give me my waiver then, but everything went alright. I got my waiver 6 months after that. Well, my question is, is the eye portion of the NOMI Flight Physical down in Pensecola before API more intense for those who have had PRK compared to those who have not had PRK?

I doubt you have a waiver, you are more likely reccomended for a waiver. Unless you've actually been enrolled in the study and have the paper work in your medical file?

Regardless of that, I wouldnt worry about it. Getting the waiver in P-cola wasnt a big deal.

RiceOwl06

I had my NOMI exam last week, and they did not even look at my eyes. I was a PRK individual, and the whole physical involved me getting my anthro done, and then a signature by the flight surgeon. The flight surgeon just went on to tell me that my eyes would always mean I was NPQ, but that it didnt really matter and everything was okay. Basically, I would think that the incredible hassle you likely had to go through to get your waiver will mean that even if they do have to look at your eyes, it will be no more intense than your last physical. No one I have talked to or encountered down here in P-cola have had any problems with their eyes on the NAMI whammy. All the problems seem to be with anthros.