• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Privatization of ATC - a bad thing?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Imagine if the entire DOT went private and you had to pay a toll on every road you traveled on. Certain companies had advantages with speed limits and HOV lanes, stop lights, etc... That's how I imagine the privatization of ATC would go.

"Sorry SwaneeXX, your airspace is closed, Delta paid for this approach so we're shutting down training in X MOA or Restricted area".
Have you driven between D.C. and Norfolk? Pretty much how 95 and 64, and their branch off arteries, work now. Pay more to take the fast lane at peak hours.

I foresee that being the model, which may help regional fed airports become more viable as the lower traffic density makes the pricing more comparable to the ATL-DFW-ORD-LGA cluster...

Now to find somewhere to stick the Velcro on my P-8 for the EZPass...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This Harrison Ford?

Yes. He screwed up, no doubt, but he still has his ticket thanks to his work in the industry and the FAA's more reasonable adjudication of deviations.

For GA it's probably a bad thing. User fees, new equipment costs, etc that probably would not pay for themselves.

For the airlines and corporate world, the costs would be offset by more efficiencies in routing, fuel, time etc. I know Hawaiian is officially supporting this.

This pretty much sums it up. I can certainly understand why the airlines are for this. But other -135 operators along with GA will feel the crunch.