• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Pilot License while waiting.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sport pilot would be quick. Your solo time may count even though, as mentioned, you would get no credit for dual. Sport pilot is quick and for you easy.
And don't let anyone fool you...Light Sport Aircraft are slow as hell, but you have to fly them every minute. Very little "trim and chill" time. You'll learn the feel of an airplane far better than in a Cessna.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
A few years ago one of my friends was stressing because he sucked at flying the Cessna during IFS. Now he's flying single seat F/A-18s. You'll be okay
This is probably the most important point. If you suck at flying, you have a great chance at flying the F/A-18. It's science.

I thought it was because they fly themselves?

Pcoola19

If I had to recommend anything I’d say have a CFI legitimately just have you drill climbs/descents/level speed changes/turns/landing pattern. You wouldn’t believe how helpful understanding the relationship between power and airspeed is especially being able to perform those transitions without thinking. Once you’re a few weeks out from starting ground school I’d also start signing up for OFTs with people who have flown in the T-6. DRILL the landing pattern. In the early blocks the landing pattern is 4 graded items in each event. If you’re slamming 4s when MIF is a 2, you’ll have no problem getting jet grades. And don’t worry about the certificates/ratings at all, once flight training is done you’ll be able to snag a commercial rating.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
And don't let anyone fool you...Light Sport Aircraft are slow as hell, but you have to fly them every minute. Very little "trim and chill" time. You'll learn the feel of an airplane far better than in a Cessna.

On that, even better is to go fly a tail wheel. You'll really get good at connecting hands and feet with the throttle, yoke, and rudder.