• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Navy enlisted to Marine Corps officer - Max years federal service???

Hello, I am a 23 year old AT2(AW) about to hit my five year mark and effectively end my first enlistment unless I re-enlist by February 5th, 2012. I was planning on re-enlisting for 2 years, go to school and apply for Army or, if age allows, Marine Corps OCS. My goal is to be a tank officer. Either way, while doing research on both branches I discovered that apparently the Army will not accept applicants to OCS with more that 6 years federal service. I haven't found anything on the Marineofficer.com website saying that, but it also doesn't specify prior enlisted from other branches attending Marine OCS or PLC. Does anyone have any insight on this matter? I would hate to re-enlist for only 2 years under the impression that I can get out and, after acquiring my degree, attend Marine OCS and have my dreams crushed my Uncle Sam all because I missed some technicality! Thanks for your help

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
MarineOCS.com has some good info on it.

Big thing about tanks in the Marine Corps- There are very very few of them. The North Carolina National Guard has more tanks than the entire Marine Corps. We had two slots for tank Os when I was at TBS- they went to our two water walkers.