• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary WEEK ONE test

Status
Not open for further replies.

choops

Hey everybody! I wanted to ask anyone in Primary exactly how long those "23 chapters" during the first week really are. That
sounds like a ridiculous amount of information for only one week.
There has to be something that makes it do-able. Are there a lot
of diagrams or are the chapters just really short? About how many total pages are we talking about here? I just don't want to
be shocked when I get to Corpus. Thanks in advance to any replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Systems Manual is about a quarter inch thick, I don't have it around here, so I don't know the exact page number... anyways, some of the chapters are 1 page long, some 15 or so. All that first week is is memorization, and integrating the whole T34 together and understanding how all the systems work. That is why it is important to go out to the the static display line and look over the planes out there with a buddy, and quiz each other on all the components.

Personally, I answered all the end of chapter questions, and went out to the plane alot, I had a good study partner also (thanks Tim!). While some questions are almost the exact same from API, ie what type of engine is in the T34, how many stages is it. Then you have the weenie number questions, fuel capacity of the sump, battery is rated at... etc... I did well on the test, got a 100, but promptly "forgot" alot of the material while I went through the rest of Ground School, and "paid the price" of looking like an idiot in front of my OnWing when I started FAMs, when I didn't really know the systems material as well as I should have. So, I had to "relearn/memorize" it all over again.

Just some food for thought, it is doable, there are lots of mnemonics that people employ for that and the Emergency Procedures, you do what you have to do. Week one is intense, but gets even more so on week two with CPTs, then you have week 3 with the metro test... oh joy... hope that helps!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What makes it do-able? It's called 8 hours a day for 4 days of systems, systems, systems. Then a nice test on the 5th. Oh and don't be foolish like most people and decide you are just going to cram the material to get by for the test. In one way or another, you will definately use that material again real soon after ground school. Hint Hint. But have no fear for those 23 chapters of systems. For it is the 2nd week of ground school, the Cockpit Procedure Trainers that are the kicker. God have mercy on your soul if you don't take that week seriously. Oh and one last piece of advice. DO expect to be shocked! But after the first day, your head will be so on fire, you won't even notice the shock anymore.

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies.