• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Syllabus Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
VT-2 had an all officer meeting this afternoon that led to a short discussion on a change in the Primary Training Syllabus. (This is everything I got from the brief, if there are errors then please correct me!)
angel_125.gif

This change will effect anyone starting Primary (not sure if it affects CC and Whiting or just Whiting) in the May time frame.

The syllabus will be expanded from 21 weeks to 31 weeks.
There will no longer be a Primary, then Intermediate -- they will be combined (don't know if this only affects helo's or includes the jet community).
This will allow the squadron to evaluate the student better by placing increased emphasis (and more flights) on Precision Aerobatics, Formation flights, and Solo's.

It was the Major in Student Control that directed the brief, so do what you will with this info. This is EVERYTHING we were told, so now you know as much (or more) as I do about this subject
blindfold_125.gif
! If anyone has any corrections to my above statements, please post them, I'm as curious as everyone else about this!

airwinger

pilot
Since I start fam0 monday, don't know whether to be pleased that I miss out on it(it usually sucks to be the guinea pig) or pissed that I miss out on getting more form, solo and aero flights(all sounds like a good deal)
Anyway nothing I can do->compartmentalize.
semper fi

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Ugh, so it grew a total of at least 7 weeks!? And I thought adding IFS would extend things a tad too much.

Man, I'm gonna be there forever.. heh.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Actually it sounds like a really good plan to me. I hope they also put in more RI flights because I think that takes some getting use to. But you have to love more solos!!

Stegall

The Commodore at CTW-6 (Sherman Field aka FO-ville) also mentioned combining Primary and Intermediate into a "primediate". Since P-3 guys peel off after Primary, this would not affect them. Only those staying at Sherman Field through Intermediate. At least that's the jive I got from the brief.

bpikula

One other thing that is going to be added (or so I heard) is a new block, formation aerobatics. Probably be fun for students, but scary as hell for the IP's. I'm not real sure what the flights will consist of but our stucon officer told us it's in the works.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Formation aerobatics for SNAs, are you serious
bigeyes_125.gif
? I cannot wait to see what they start charging us for life insurance if that happens! Granted, it would be awesome for the students but as was said, I do not see IPs lining up to teach that block.

dingo155

VFA-87 Paddles
Those of us 'lucky' enough to be training with the air force end up with more hours (over 90) for our version of primary. hence, we don't have to do intermediate (for helos and props). The extra time we put in the plane is devoted to more instrument, and formation rides. And yes, we do formation aerobatics in the T-6. Towards the end of formation they want you at 3ft lateral separation and 10ft forward separation (wingtip that is), and these standards were just loosened!!! It is a trip seeing solo students coming up final with 7ft wingtip separation (diagonal) and doing the break....

"Friends don't let friends fly junk (T-34 and T-37)"

jaerose

Well, at least some of us will have the skills needed to land on more than a big long level runway...ie a pitching ship deck moving at 30 knots at night. Sounds much more exciting to me =)

JR

travislikes

TACAMO Bus Driver
dingo,
Students who stay in the T-34 for intermediates (maritime/helos) get around 110-120 hours. These additional hours are instrument, vnav, and formation (for AF and USMC) flights. When we showed up at vance for T-1s, the commander told us that as T-34 students we had a leg up due to the additional hours and flights that we got and would statistically probably fare better in the navigation phase of training.
I am sure that the T-6 is a cool plane, but air force training is ridiculous, so calm down.

dingo155

VFA-87 Paddles
whoa, slow down... i was trying to put a little sarcasim into the reply on the 'lucky'... i realize that landing on a boat is much tougher, and much cooler, and yes the AF does have to make some things difficult for the sake of making them difficult (no other reason). Yes the plane is cool, but the AF is not, i know this, don't worry.

travislikes

TACAMO Bus Driver
Sorry, that did sound a bit harsh, didn't it? I obviously need to stop posting right before bed. I feel for anyone unlucky enough to endure AF training. Man, I really need to take a nap during the day or something.
Cheers,
T

jaerose

Hey, I too was just pushing some sarcasm. I think anyone who wants to fly, especially in defense of their country, is definitely okay with me. It's all in good fun. Take care.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.