• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Preparing for the Flying Phase of NIFE

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A couple of posts got edited/cleaned up just due to the spam post. For some reason @jmcquate , your post got nuked. Apologies...I have no idea where it went or why it wasn't soft-deleted.

Stalin

Well since you all asked, yes I have the gouge. If you want jets you have to go to JKA. Everyone that goes to PNS gets helos. But be careful, JKA's attrition rate is 35%.

You can improve your odds of success if you, instead of briefing the discussion items, tell the CFI they are much smarter and want to hear what they have to say about the discussion items. Also, pro move, if you are asked a memory item EP, just say "refer to the memory items" and no one can touch you!

Do this and you're all but guaranteed first tour Blue Angels

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Well since you all asked, yes I have the gouge.
Nah, there was a random spam post from what looked kinda like a Russian mail order bride kind of deal, and a few of us immature folk had some fun with it.

I like your rumor monger sense of humor. Here are some helpful tips when you get to the fleet:

Credit the rumor to some vaguely authoritative source. For example, our aircewmen and maintainers used to start shipboard rumors in the smoke pit with the opener, "I heard one of the pilots say ___." "At the ops brief" works okay but it's a bit specific too.

If you add a random, barely related or unrelated "fact" then that tends to distract the critical thinking lobe of people's brains. The old deployment might get extended or the next port call might get canceled is a good standby, but throw in something about which side of the ship would have been pierside (for busting rust and paint) and mention that the port after this one does med mooring or that it's anchor out, think we'll get wet riding the liberty launch? That brief mental distraction can make the difference of a person's reaction being "nah, that's funny but it's b.s." or "they're doing what?!?"

Remember, for a good rumor to be good only one person has to fall for it.

Last edited:

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
Well since you all asked, yes I have the gouge. If you want jets you have to go to JKA. Everyone that goes to PNS gets helos. But be careful, JKA's attrition rate is 35%.

You can improve your odds of success if you, instead of briefing the discussion items, tell the CFI they are much smarter and want to hear what they have to say about the discussion items. Also, pro move, if you are asked a memory item EP, just say "refer to the memory items" and no one can touch you!

Do this and you're all but guaranteed first tour Blue Angels
I know this thread is somewhat dated now, however; when you say that you need to go to JKA to fly jets, do you mean that studs need to go there for NIFE or Primary?

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
He’s messing with you dude. Your NSS in NIFE is so low weight that it doesn’t really matter. The real name of the game is avoiding a pink sheet.
Got it, thanks. I was pretty sure Primary was only in CC and Whiting and NIFE was only in Pensacola but didn't know if my information was outdated.