• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Preparing for primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironnads

I just found this website last week and it is great! I have a Navy pilot contract, but I've still got two months before I report for OCS. I am also a CFI, CFII, MEI with A.S. degree. I want to use these two months to prepare for primary. I'm open to any tips and suggestions to get a head start. I've been trying to find info on the T-34C. I ordered a POH on the T-34 but it turned out to be the 200 horse recip model. Does anyone know where I can get a book on the T-34 so I can at least go ahead and memorize some systems and procedures? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Travis Alexander

mattlowery

Travis, just curious, but you know you have to go to API before Primary right?? i'm not sure if there is too much training you can do for primary or not ahead of time, perhaps some primary people could elaborate further. I am in API now, so not sure. I just wanna get to Primary!

Matt L.

mattlowery

ghost,

some people say its a breeze, some people say hard as hell. for me, it is challenging. i am normaly a "high stress" kinda person anyways, meaning i would stress out over just about anything, regardless of the difficulty because i want to do my best. i would say the time crunch is the hardest part about API. because given more time, i could learn the material much better and it wouldn't be that difficult of material. i took the AERO I test today and made an 88. That is passing. That dissapointed me bigtime because i wanted to ace it, but i keep telling myself, "it's PASS everything and get the hell on to Primary." so anyways, hope that helps.

Matt L.

ghost_ttu

Keep your head up and push through Matt. I just remember through everything good and bad it all happens for a reason, and the best will come out of the reality of it all.

Ironnads

I have not forgotten about OCS. I'm working out every day and memorizing the gouge. I am leaving my job this Friday to use these last two months to focus on my goal of becoming a fighter pilot. I don't want this to be a fair competition. I want to have every advantage possible. I would really like to find a T-34C POH. If anyone knows where I might be able to get my hands on one, please let me know.

Travis Alexander

Rainman

pilot
TA

Are you in PCOLA? It seems to me there's a place on Barrancas that has Emerg Proc for T34C and maybe a copy of the NATOPS. ..I think you'd have your handsfull @ www.navygouge.com learning not only T34C stuff (some great notecards) but API goodies as well. . .

Good luck

quote:
I have not forgotten about OCS. I'm working out every day and memorizing the gouge. I am leaving my job this Friday to use these last two months to focus on my goal of becoming a fighter pilot. I don't want this to be a fair competition. I want to have every advantage possible. I would really like to find a T-34C POH. If anyone knows where I might be able to get my hands on one, please let me know.

Travis Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.