• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre BUD/s Warning Order ->Great program to help you get in shape.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
http://www.baseops.net/basictraining/navyseals/warningorder.html
->scroll down about 1/2 way

This is the BUD/s warning order. For those that aren't familiar with the terminology, BUD/s (Basic Underwater Demolitions School) is an extremely demanding and intense school that all prospective Navy Seals must attend, and typically only 30% make it through. This warning order is sent to all prospective BUD/s trainees.

This program is designed to take an average person (being able to score a good low on the PRT), and work him all the way up to being in tip top shape (running 30 miles a week, doing 15-20 pullups, and maxing out the PRT), in 18 weeks.

I have been adhering to it, and have found it to be a modestly paced program, that has so far, brought me from a good low to an excellent medium on the PRT so far. I just thought i'd share it on here in hopes that others could benefit from it.

Lemme know what you guys think!!

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
This is the same conditioning set for all Special Enlisted Programs too. I've been doing it, and it is effective, and ANYONE can do it.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
that seems like a good program. I think that I will incorporate the swimming portion into what I do. I know that theres no swimming part to the Marine Corp PFT, but I found that swimming helps with my breathing and lung capacity for running. When I first start running, I usually try to breathe in and out every time my left foot hits the ground. But as I run for a while, I notice that I need to start breathing at a faster rate than that. By swimming, I have extended the amount of time that I can breathe in normal before I have to start the "over-breathing". I think that some sort of regimented swimming program would help out even more than just at random times.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I find I have the same "overbreathing" problem you do, Slammer. No matter how hard I try to do the "in-in, out-out" breathing pattern, eventually I lose the rhythm and it's all downhill from there. Swimming more is how I get around it, too.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did this back in ROTC after getting out of shape due to surgery. It works AWESOME. It had me back in ok shape in a reasonably fast amount of time.