• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

MasterBates

Yeah. I've been playing around with the idea of SELRES, but the nearest unit is 200+ miles away and I have maybe every 9th weekend off.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Yeah. I've been playing around with the idea of SELRES, but the nearest unit is 200+ miles away and I have maybe every 9th weekend off.
Good to hear. All that active time is too much to waste! Talk to the CO of the unit and check with him/her about flex drilling so maybe you only have to drill once a quarter or some other type of "workable" deal.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Anyone have a stripe to throw on a set of greens? Mine are striped for LTjg, and I'm planning on going to get my dd-214 in greens just for the hell of it.

Then make my rounds at the NEX and see how many people lose their mind :D

brownshoe

Contributor
Anyone have a stripe to throw on a set of greens? Mine are striped for LTjg, and I'm planning on going to get my dd-214 in greens just for the hell of it.
Then make my rounds at the NEX and see how many people lose their mind :D

If you're really serious catch up with Master or Scoolbubba, they might be able to help you. :) Also like Wink sez... photos!:D

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Retired guys are allowed by regulation to wear the their choice of the current uniform or a uniform that was being used when they retired. I’ll always be able to wear Aviation Greens to any military function.
Assuming they still fit, right HAL? :)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe go lurking at Base Ops. They might have gouge regarding schools close to AF Bases closer to Lemoore.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

EBay is your best bet, I'll double check though to make sure I don't have a spare stripe or two still laying about.

Renegade One

None
That got me wondering if the NEX still has the tailor sweatshops staffed by little old ladies who look like Happy Gilmore's mother.
And I'll bet there are still a couple of spools of the black stripes somewhere in the back of the shop. Happy Gilmore's mom will know where to look...