• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopy025

hi, im new to this forum and im not sure if this is the righ tplace to post this but i have a few questions and i was wondering if anyone could help me. I am 18 and currently working toward my associates degree in aviation and almost have my private pilot license, my question is what steps should i take in order to become a navy pilot. it has always been my dream to fly a fighter but the road there seems pretty confusing, if anyone could shed some light on the subject i would be greatly apreciative.
thanks steve

NuSnake

read the gouge, all of it, then come back and ask specific questions, or contact your nearest Officer Recruiter. Tooooooo many possible questions for anyone to answer.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You have basically three options:

1) OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL: Complete your college degree, and earn your Bachelor's (in whatever degree you are interested in, just get the best grades you can), and put together a package to apply to become an officer in the Navy or Marines, and pursue becoming an aviator.

2) NROTC: Through a participating college, attend NROTC classes and complete your bachelor's degree. Your senior year you will go through service selection, where based on your GPA, participation in NROTC, you will find out if you made it for the aviation program or based on the needs of the Navy, you have to do something else instead.

3) USNA ACADEMY: Put in an application to go through the Naval Academy, go through those four years of "fun" and get your commission, same thing, senior year, go through service selection to find out if you made the aviation pipeline or not.

Those are the "quickest" routes available to you, for others like myself, we enlisted out of high school or whatever, and worked our ways up the ranks, and got commissioned through various programs that would not be available to you.

Hope that helps, best of luck.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm not going to be much help, but I'll try my best. I would think that you are on the right track with your PPL. The aviation degree and the PPL will help you with taking the ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery). Although, I think that you need to have a Bachelor's degree to be an Officer in the Navy. Again, I'm going to be a Marine Corps OC so I dont much about the Navy, but it can't be too much different.

Secondly, stop by your local Navy recruiter and tell them your situation, and they should get you pointed in the right direction. The other more experienced guys on this board will let you know the specifics. I just hope this helps a little. Good luck and God bless.

Semper FI

Status
Not open for further replies.