• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC competitiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcw2m

I'm currently applying for the Marine Corps PLC program and I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive the selection is. I'm applying for the Air contract, meet all qualifications, have good extracurricular activities, and have a 3.0GPA in engineering.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
The most important factor for selection is your PFT score. I would argue that current selection is probably more difficult than it has been in the history of the Marine Corps. Could be wrong on that one, but the bottom line is you won't be going to Quantico until you can pump out a decent 3 mile run time.

Selection varies from district to district, and your OSO really should be able to give you the best overall picture of your chances for selection.

plumberphil

Selected PLC-C 186 Ground
I'm kind of in the same boat you are mcw2m only I'm further along. The major things are: a good pft score(pound out the pull-ups, sit-ups, and 3 mile run like an animal), a very good astb score (study like you've never studied before), and keep your gpa up 3.0 is good, but it could be higher. I guess the main thing is bust your butt and if you really want it then you'll get it. Now is a great time to be trying to get in to the Marine Corps to fly.

Stay Motivated,
Jake

mcw2m

Just wondering,
What do you think of my chances if I can do 20 pull-ups, 100 sit-ups, and 21min. 3mile?

-Thanks

itoh

Goat, get your ass to the to the pull up bar, and hit the treadmill. To become a Marine Officer, you can't be shooting for the minimums. For preship OCS, I would shoot for atleast a 275 just to keep up. Everything you do there involves running, so that is definately the most important. Remember, OCS is a place to prove your ability, stay ahead of the pack and you'll stand out and stay motivated.
-itoh

Status
Not open for further replies.