• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Board for Air

av8ion

Interesting. I am up for the combined board in December, as many in this thread are. Best of luck at the next board!
I'm kind of curious if my OSO can put me up for that board as well. Although it looks like your scores are wayyy above mine anyway.

TheBird

He said he wouldn't have put any of us up if he didn't think we could be Marine Officers. I don't know what his recommendation was, but he said I was the fastest package he's ever put together. From the time I met with him on campus to completion of my ASTB, PFT, recommendations, forms, etc was around week or so..

The report your OSO writes about you is one of the most important aspects of your package, almost as important as your PFT score. One of the reasons you may have been a non-selected was that there was not enough time for your OSO to get to know you (i.e. your character, how you operate, how you deal with frustration, etc.), and that probably played a factor is his evaluation of you. BUT, that is just my thought on what may have happened. Take it with a grain of salt.

TheBird

He said he wouldn't have put any of us up if he didn't think we could be Marine Officers. I don't know what his recommendation was, but he said I was the fastest package he's ever put together. From the time I met with him on campus to completion of my ASTB, PFT, recommendations, forms, etc was around week or so..

The report your OSO writes about you is one of the most important aspects of your package, almost as important as your PFT score. One of the reasons you may have been a non-selected was that there was not enough time for your OSO to get to know you (i.e. your character, how you operate, how you deal with frustration, etc.), and that probably played a factor is his evaluation of you. BUT, that is just my thought on what may have happened. Take it with a grain of salt.

Philly93

I am almost done my package, looking to get on the December board too. Taking my PFT next week. Good luck to everybody.

av8ion

I'll be going back up for it as well.

I also found out why I wasn't selected for the previous board. As @TheBird mentioned, my evaluation was negative. My OSO told me he wasn't satisfied with my leadership at our first pool function and I don't blame him because I did fucking awful. I didn't really have a leadership position at our previous function, but he said I did better, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Good luck to you all.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Good luck Gentlemen, hope to see you guys at OCS, that is If I get selected this board.

300 PFT 3.06 GPA 87 ASVAB 6/6/6 54 ASTB. Wish I was a little smarter, I'm actually really worried that I'm not going to be selected because of my low placement scores and GPA. I really hope my PFT makes up for it. The only leadership experience I've got to show for at the moment is leading PT a few times for all the officer applicants at my University. Maybe being prior service Air Force will help a little. If anything it might get a few chuckles from the board members.
Again I really hope to see you guys at OCS!

Johnnyair

Good luck all! December 9th is so close I can feel it. Regardless of the outcome of the board, keep on going!

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Good luck everyone! Hope to see those of you who are applying for combined this summer! Assuming I get accepted!

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Did anyone here get selected this board? I did not, OSO told me the details since he was at the board. There was only one Air slot in our region and 17 applicants. Of those 17 I was stacked as number 2. It hurts to be in second place, oh well more time to improve my package.

MaxRU

pilot
I'll be going back up for it as well.

I also found out why I wasn't selected for the previous board. As @TheBird mentioned, my evaluation was negative. My OSO told me he wasn't satisfied with my leadership at our first pool function and I don't blame him because I did fucking awful. I didn't really have a leadership position at our previous function, but he said I did better, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Good luck to you all.

What kind of pool functions you guys have where you are being put in leadership positions? I do not recall anything like this going through, save for mini-OCS. All we did in our get togethers was to PT and drink.

explainyouface

Did anyone here get selected this board? I did not, OSO told me the details since he was at the board. There was only one Air slot in our region and 17 applicants. Of those 17 I was stacked as number 2. It hurts to be in second place, oh well more time to improve my package.

I was not selected on the last board as well. My situation was similar to you. My OSO said that it was very similar between the selected individual and myself. So similar that it essentially came down to a coin toss as the tie breaker! I don't know of this was a figure of speech, but it struck me as odd haha. Seems to be a cruel way to do it, but if you're so similar I guess I can see how it makes sense.

My OSO also let me know that this board is the one in which they select a lot of female air applicants. Thus the low number (1) of male air selects.

For what it's worth, I had 296 PFT, 8/8/9 64 astb, great letters, 3.3 in economics, lots and lots of community service and leadership.

TheBird

I have a 2.7 gpa, 275 pft, 80 ASVAB, and 7/6/5/58 ASTB........all of you have better scores, I believe I am screwed.[/quote]

With that attitude, you are.