• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Board for Air

av8ion

Was anyone else up for the PLC board for Air? The board was tentatively set for Oct 2nd.

I applied with a 290 PFT, 5/6/6 54 ASTB. (I believe it was a 54, I took it back in March and don't recall.) I was a non-select in April with a 265 so I'm hoping to get in this round. I was told the candidate selected for that board had a 280.

TheBird

Was anyone else up for the PLC board for Air? The board was tentatively set for Oct 2nd.

I applied with a 290 PFT, 5/6/6 54 ASTB. (I believe it was a 54, I took it back in March and don't recall.) I was a non-select in April with a 265 so I'm hoping to get in this round. I was told the candidate selected for that board had a 280.

I am up for that board as well, my OSO told me that it will probably be in early November.

Our packages are pretty similar, I just ran a 290 PFT and got 6/6/6 54 on the ASTB.

av8ion

I am up for that board as well, my OSO told me that it will probably be in early November.

Our packages are pretty similar, I just ran a 290 PFT and got 6/6/6 54 on the ASTB.
Are you East Coast or West Coast? My understanding is that there are different boards for each region. I was originally told that the board was in September but was then pushed back to October. I'm going to be pissed if it got pushed back again.

TheBird

Are you East Coast or West Coast? My understanding is that there are different boards for each region. I was originally told that the board was in September but was then pushed back to October. I'm going to be pissed if it got pushed back again.

I guess I'd be West coast. Are you applying for PLC combined?

Johnnyair

Good luck with the PLC Boards. I am new to the forum but will be applying for the next board with a 283 PFT and a 3.54 GPA. I am in the process of taking the ASTB so hopefully I do as well as you two did. Best of luck!

TheBird

I spoke with my OSO this afternoon and he told me PLC Combined board isn't until the first week of December. I'm not sure when it is if you are applying for juniors, though.

Johnnyair

I am applying for PLC Combined and I just received that information too. I am very nervous but excited. I will be doing the medical exams next week did you finish all that already?

TheBird

I am applying for PLC Combined and I just received that information too. I am very nervous but excited. I will be doing the medical exams next week did you finish all that already?

Yeah, I started the process back in January. Although, I ended up going through the DODMERB process and never had to go to MEPS. My advise to you, get all your medical paper work in ASAP; it can be a real hold up for your package.

Skinsuit

pilot
+1, I have no statistical evidence for this at all, but I'd be willing to bet the medical process is responsible for more attrition than just about anything else. It's easy to get discouraged when you hear it'll take six months to get a flight physical back, so be proactive, learn what it is you are responsible for, and take care of it before you're asked. My OSO had beautiful OCC air slots available last boards and nobody to take them because the guys that wanted to contract didn't have their medical done.

av8ion

Good luck with the PLC Boards. I am new to the forum but will be applying for the next board with a 283 PFT and a 3.54 GPA. I am in the process of taking the ASTB so hopefully I do as well as you two did. Best of luck!

I don't have a clear answer as to why yet, but I didn't get selected with a 290PFT, ~3.7GPA, 5-6-6 54 ASTB, with community service and leadership experience from AFROTC.

I'm not sure if I just didn't get selected or if I'm a part of this group... "In certain year groups, there were not enough air applicants to make for a
competitive pool; selections will occur on the next board. "

My ASTB score isn't exactly stellar, but the first time I took it I had less than a week to study. I decided not to retake it, because if I do worse, the worse score counts.

explainyouface

I don't have a clear answer as to why yet, but I didn't get selected with a 290PFT, ~3.7GPA, 5-6-6 54 ASTB, with community service and leadership experience from AFROTC.

I'm not sure if I just didn't get selected or if I'm a part of this group... "In certain year groups, there were not enough air applicants to make for a
competitive pool; selections will occur on the next board. "

My ASTB score isn't exactly stellar, but the first time I took it I had less than a week to study. I decided not to retake it, because if I do worse, the worse score counts.

Any idea how you fared in the eye of your OSO? Their recommendation to the board carries a lot of weight from what I understand.

av8ion

Any idea how you fared in the eye of your OSO? Their recommendation to the board carries a lot of weight from what I understand.
He said he wouldn't have put any of us up if he didn't think we could be Marine Officers. I don't know what his recommendation was, but he said I was the fastest package he's ever put together. From the time I met with him on campus to completion of my ASTB, PFT, recommendations, forms, etc was around week or so..