• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC > ( Aviation Contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin leslie

I am on the grind.
Good afternoon,
My name is Kevin Leslie I am fresh out of highschool and taking my first collage courses at a community collage before I transfer to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, (IACBE: Bachelor of Science in International Maritime Business.)
I had a uncle who was a NFO in the ea-6b prowler, he was unfortunately killed in a training accident before I was born. Growing up and seeing the pictures on the wall and the story's from his legacy have been driving me ever since. I recently Started flying myself and working on my PPL. Interested into having a set of wings is a understatement. I have been looking into programs that work best for myself in the current predicament I am in, as a 18 year old. Theres a lot of decisions that I want to make but I am really hoping you! The few select men and women who have been where I am currently.
There's only a few select options for college students in the navy ie(NORTC,USNA) then the enlisted stuff that recruiters try to buy me into. I cancelled from the academy and NROTC because the degree that interests me most is does not qualify me for that. (USN OCS not out of question yet)

I was talking with a family friend ( ret. USMC Pilot) who notified me of the USMC PLC program for collage students and the fact that you can receive PILOT/NFO contracts through that option. I thought this program at the end of the day sold me.

Now comes the questions.

> College requirements
A) Does degree/study matter in process to acceptance ?
B) required credits or Other factors from a academic standpoint ?
C) Does your study/ degree have anything to do with a Aviation contract?
D) ??Additional info??

> First Steps
A) When do you start the process?
B) Where do you start? ( who to talk to)
C) ?? Additional info??

**** If anyone who has the time for a potential Call, Facetime or Skype,
with greater Detail that would be killer****

Final remarks
Having been to ceremonies and events at *NAS Whidbey* and getting a chance to see the men and women who worked their asses off to wear a flight suit to work and live the life that so many young aspiring Aviators like myself are striving for. Thank you for being the studs and superhero's I look up too.

A Goal without a Plan is only a dream, so here I go

jmcquate

Contributor
A) Does degree/study matter in process to acceptance ? No/Yes
B) required credits or Other factors from a academic standpoint ? None
C) Does your study/ degree have anything to do with a Aviation contract? Same as A
D) ??Additional info??........wait for it.

> First Steps
A) When do you start the process? When you get into a 4 year program.
B) Where do you start? ( who to talk to) A USMC OSO
C) ?? Additional info??
........wait for it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good afternoon,
My name is Kevin Leslie I am fresh out of highschool and taking my first collage courses at a community collage before I transfer to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, (IACBE: Bachelor of Science in International Maritime Business.)
I had a uncle who was a NFO in the ea-6b prowler, he was unfortunately killed in a training accident before I was born. Growing up and seeing the pictures on the wall and the story's from his legacy have been driving me ever since. I recently Started flying myself and working on my PPL. Interested into having a set of wings is a understatement. I have been looking into programs that work best for myself in the current predicament I am in, as a 18 year old. Theres a lot of decisions that I want to make but I am really hoping you! The few select men and women who have been where I am currently.
There's only a few select options for college students in the navy ie(NORTC,USNA) then the enlisted stuff that recruiters try to buy me into. I cancelled from the academy and NROTC because the degree that interests me most is does not qualify me for that. (USN OCS not out of question yet)

I was talking with a family friend ( ret. USMC Pilot) who notified me of the USMC PLC program for collage students and the fact that you can receive PILOT/NFO contracts through that option. I thought this program at the end of the day sold me.

Now comes the questions.

> College requirements
A) Does degree/study matter in process to acceptance ?
B) required credits or Other factors from a academic standpoint ?
C) Does your study/ degree have anything to do with a Aviation contract?
D) ??Additional info??

> First Steps
A) When do you start the process?
B) Where do you start? ( who to talk to)
C) ?? Additional info??

**** If anyone who has the time for a potential Call, Facetime or Skype,
with greater Detail that would be killer****

Final remarks
Having been to ceremonies and events at *NAS Whidbey* and getting a chance to see the men and women who worked their asses off to wear a flight suit to work and live the life that so many young aspiring Aviators like myself are striving for. Thank you for being the studs and superhero's I look up too.

A Goal without a Plan is only a dream, so here I go

Lots of questions you have, plenty of resources you have by searching around AirWarriors as well as Google and the Internets.

If that doesn't suit you, reach out to a local Marine Officer Recruiter and talk more.

From there, you can ask more specific questions that are more likely to be answered on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.