• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Places to live in Whiting

scubasteve38

No just me. Just wondering which apartments are good and which ones to avoid. If I can get another roommate I'll definitely look at the houses

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Lived in Eaton Square off University Pkwy and Nine Mile Rd during advanced. Wanted my own place and they had 1br for $715/mo. It's a nice place, fairly quiet and military friendly. Nice area too. I'd live there again, but it was a 45min drive daily. Not bad for a 6am brief as you were on the by 5am and traffic was quiet. If I went back as an instructor, I'd live in East Hill because its a cool neighborhood, close to stuff, and the people don't suck.

Milton/Pace are shit holes and devoid of life. Lots of folks suck it up and live there for flight school. It's what you make of it. Short commute is a plus and houses are easily available to rent for cheap if you have roommates. When I came to town, the few apartment complexes in Pace/Milton were full and they didn't bother to return my phone call. Really depends on what you're looking for and your tolerance for crap and rednecks.

croakerfish

pilot
I live in N. Pensacola on Nine Mile and University. I can make it to the front gate in 35 minutes, slightly faster if it's really early. The drive is a little bit of a pain when you get done debriefing at 9 PM and have to drive right back in the morning but overall it's worth it to be in town. I definitely had my fill of living in BFE before the Navy.

cameron172

pilot
PCSing to Milton in two weeks for Helo advanced. Anyone have any leads on good rental properties or available homes? Looking to rent with one or two other guys.

Green11

Living the dream
Some of the listings aren't current, but my wife and I used Zillow for TBS and Milton and it seems to work out pretty well.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
PCSing to Milton in two weeks for Helo advanced. Anyone have any leads on good rental properties or available homes? Looking to rent with one or two other guys.
We have extra rooms in our house, feel free to pm me and I'll shoot you some pictures/details.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
If you value a short commute, I liked Collins Mill Creek. Good management when I lived there too (just over a year ago).

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Curious if anyone has any updated gouge. Just found out that I'm going to TAW-5 so looking for places to live. I live out on Peridido now and I don't like how far it is from any semblance of social life (Flora-bama notwithstanding). I'm thinking live up by UWF and gut out the long commute since the 10 mins to downtown will be worth it on the weekend. Thoughts?