• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyslop

i was wondering if anyone out there knows a website or info on where specific aircrafts are based. once you finish training through the pipeline and continue on to the fleet where are the options for being based for each aircraft? for example, i know that a P-3 pilot can select hawaii if available. i have searched the web but have come up empty handed. can anyone help out?

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
If you've got a lot of time, you can search the Navy's website for every squadron's website and see where they're based. You're probably better off going to AltaVista or something like that and searching "P-3 Orion Squdaron", as the Navy site links to very few squadrons. Or you could ask someone like John or Steve, who are most wise in these matters...

Dave Shutter

If you can't get direct answers from someone in the aviation community as to what planes are based where, I think your best bet is Tripp's advice, surf till your mouse overheats.

What you might want to try is this: Search for NAS, or Naval Air Station on your most thorough search engine and hit the websites for the individual air stations, once on a station's home page, usually under "Tenant Commands" you'll find what squadrons are stationed there. Usually there will be a link to the individual sqaudrons page and all the info on them you could think of, usually.

I don't know about the P-3, S-3, E-2/C-2, E-6 or various helo org's but I know that all east coast F/A-18 squadrons (except for two at MCAS Beaufort) and all F-14 Tomcat squadrons are at NAS Oceana in Virginia, and all west coast Hornets and all Super Hornets, are at NAS Leemore in California.

Also, a carrier air wing is foward deployed in Atsugi Japan (with Kitty hawk, I think?)

Hope this helps.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 5 May 2000

Dave Shutter

Here's a website that might also help you answer your questions. It's the page for Naval Aviation News. Under Squadrons you'll find listings of every aircraft flown by the Navy along with what looks like every squadron, looks like they missed some training units though. Some are links to the homepages or a squadron history but not all.
Link for Naval Aviation News

Check six

D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am currently working on getting a list of where each type of aircraft is stationed.

Status
Not open for further replies.