• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot to SEAL?

Lawman

None
Assuming one doesn't look like a sack of chewed bubble gum, just skip a couple of haircuts, buy a Suunto watch, get a tan, and you are in there!

MR-

Unrelated to the original purpose of the thread, I wish somebody had told me about those watches before I bought my unit went all crazy for Luminox.

Ralph

I was watching tv and they had a special on Buds training. My question is what is day to day life like for a Seal? Is it M-F, normal hours?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know a guy that went SEAL to Hornet pilot. Callsign: Pappy. Hell of a guy.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I was watching tv and they had a special on Buds training. My question is what is day to day life like for a Seal? Is it M-F, normal hours?

These guys can answer all the questions you could ever have about SEALs: SOCnet.

I suggest searching the boards and lurking for a while, as they can be a bit curmudgeonly at times. Other than that, best of luck. :)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
There are more team guys to pilot than pilot to team. Most of the team guys were enlisted then got commisioned. I dont know of any team officers switching over to pilot. I also dont know of any pilots who originally had a slot to buds, didnt make it for whatever reason and then became a pilot. I dont know your details, but both programs are fairly high profile. If you DOR from one, I seriously doubt the Navy is going to give you a chance (waste a slot) on the other. Once again, not sure of your situation. But the only way to find out is to contact the SpecWar community manager. He will be able to tell you what YOUR chances are. Just because someone else did or didnt make it, doesnt matter. Call the community manager and ask the question. Let us know what he tells you.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
There are more team guys to pilot than pilot to team. Most of the team guys were enlisted then got commisioned. I dont know of any team officers switching over to pilot. I also dont know of any pilots who originally had a slot to buds, didnt make it for whatever reason and then became a pilot. I dont know your details, but both programs are fairly high profile. If you DOR from one, I seriously doubt the Navy is going to give you a chance (waste a slot) on the other. Once again, not sure of your situation. But the only way to find out is to contact the SpecWar community manager. He will be able to tell you what YOUR chances are. Just because someone else did or didnt make it, doesnt matter. Call the community manager and ask the question. Let us know what he tells you.

Not trying to be argumentative in any way as I believe your post is spot on 99.999% of the time, but there is a BUDs attrite flying 53's here in Norfolk. I did IFS and Primary with him. Pretty good guy and PT stud. I think he had really good grades and the timing just worked out for him that they were looking for pilots.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I believe our very own NickUSN was a BUD/S guy...got hurt, commisioned from OCS and was in the strike nfo pipeline.

If I am not mistaken.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Team to SNA I've seen. Real good dude who got bagged by the API NSS shenanigans. He's a chop on an LPD now.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Xmid,

Good to know. Now I do know of someone. There are always exceptions to the rule. Hell, I was one as I got commisioned at 32 and winged at 35. Thats why I will always tell someone to try. And then try again. If you ask the right guy and the stars are aligned, it just may work out.