• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Oct. 2, 2018

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
FY19 AQ for SNA is 8/8/8 according to my OR. There's some confusion on if the third number matters or not for SNA

I figure probably not seeing as how the calculator Rufio has posted often shows the PFAR/FOFAR block blacked out for SNFO and SNA respectively for the average accepted applicant score section. Given the moral waiver I have I wouldn’t AQ even if I had the scores, but that makes me wonder if I should try the ASTB again... could be worth it if I improve.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I figure probably not seeing as how the calculator Rufio has posted often shows the PFAR/FOFAR block blacked out for SNFO and SNA respectively for the average accepted applicant score section. Given the moral waiver I have I wouldn’t AQ even if I had the scores, but that makes me wonder if I should try the ASTB again... could be worth it if I improve.
Plenty of people with worse scores than you got in on the May board. Maybe just hammer home the Personal Statement since Rufio said that and the LoRs matter more now.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Plenty of people with worse scores than you got in on the May board. Maybe just hammer home the Personal Statement since Rufio said that and the LoRs matter more now.

I wrote a pretty long 600 word or so personal statement since my recruiter always told me the “whole person” schtick, and I have good references so I’m not too concerned about those. The biggest worry is the waiver I have but other people have gotten in with worse.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I wrote a pretty long 600 word or so personal statement since my recruiter always told me the “whole person” schtick, and I have good references so I’m not too concerned about those. The biggest worry is the waiver I have but other people have gotten in with worse.
Yeah everyone says don't worry, but Rufio just posted that they now are looking at those much more closely.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Yeah everyone says don't worry, but Rufio just posted that they now are looking at those much more closely.

I saw his post about boards now wanting strong motivational statements and references. That’s something that’ll be in my favor since all my letters come from people who’ve known me since I was in diapers wth the exception of my high school adviser. I’m a strong writer thanks to my major, so I think my motivational statement is well written.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Hopefully, I have a feeling that there will be a big influx of people in a couple weeks though. There might be other people like me still waiting for official confirmation that their package was submitted to this board.

True, these threads always swell up closer to the board date. When will the board list come out? My packet will be late but it’ll be to NRC well before the board date so I’m hoping they’ll look at it.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Though I have noticed that of AW posters, there seem to be a higher proportion of PRORECs than the total applicant population.
Yeah its a self-selecting sample to some degree. Someone who is searching the internet for resources and stumbles here is probably going to do better than the person who doesn't, not because AW gives out test answers, but because they're probably just going to work harder to prepare.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Yeah its a self-selecting sample to some degree. Someone who is searching the internet for resources and stumbles here is probably going to do better than the person who doesn't, not because AW gives out test answers, but because they're probably just going to work harder to prepare.

I like to imagine that it’s a protective aura created by our mental energy, but yeah that’s the result of what is essentially a self selecting sample.

Who here has any flight experience? My recruiter says that that is a big plus.

exNavyOffRec

I like to imagine that it’s a protective aura created by our mental energy, but yeah that’s the result of what is essentially a self selecting sample.

Who here has any flight experience? My recruiter says that that is a big plus.

not sure what the new board will look at, but like before it probably won't be a plus at all, many of the people we saw fail out had flight experience and had a hard time doing things the way the USN wanted them to. I even had a guy that was a flight instructor and flying part time with a local flying service fail out.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
not sure what the new board will look at, but like before it probably won't be a plus at all, many of the people we saw fail out had flight experience and had a hard time doing things the way the USN wanted them to. I even had a guy that was a flight instructor and flying part time with a local flying service fail out.

Good thing my flight instructor was an E-2 NFO, then! How much different are these new boards? I know that now they have aviators on them, but I thought that was already the case.