• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- May 14, 2019

browntown

From my understanding its 50 7/7/7 on the ASTB and able to go to OCS within 60 days. Its not specific on when it is, more so once enough people with those minimums accumulate they convene.

That's what I was told, however I would be curious to know if it is different.

I believe I've also read that certain kinds of waivers can prevent you from being eligible for auto-select boards, but I'm not sure which kinds and that's just second-hand information I've seen on the forum. I'd guess it would be anything other than medical waivers since it's my understanding that the boards don't see your medical records/information anyway.

Last edited:

Prometheus_

I believe I've also read that certain kinds of waivers can prevent you from being eligible for auto-select boards, but I'm not sure which kinds and that's just second-hand information I've seen on the forum. I'd guess it would be anything other than medical waivers since it's my understanding that the boards don't see your medical records/information anyway.

From what my OR said as well as what I have seen posted here I believe it's Drug/legal waivers that can inhibit auto-qualification.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Just checking in, hoping to make the next auto board. Just took the ASTB today and got a 55 7/8/8. Not sure if this is an auto qual, or if 8/8/8 is an auto qual. But glad to have gotten the ASTB out of the way.

Hey guys, hate to be one of those "what do you guys think" people, but what do you guys think?

SNA
GPA: 3.35 Business Administration
ASTB: 58 7/7/7

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, hate to be one of those "what do you guys think" people, but what do you guys think?

SNA
GPA: 3.35 Business Administration
ASTB: 58 7/7/7
You have the scores to submit to the auto qual board, so as long as the rest of your kit has no issues you should be picked up. Only catch with the auto select board is you have to be able to leave within 60 days.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Looks like they’re on a rolling basis, so it depends on the amount of applicants most likely. Could be wrong.

Last edited:

ALEXB1

Has anybody heard rumors about when the next auto-qual board might take place?

I am hoping sometime soon as well. I think it has a lot to do with numbers. Number of people applying that meet the requirements and the number of spots they need filled. With the last board being moved up a month and the next one not till May, I would think they would have an immediate selection board sometime soon but I am probably wrong. Looking at most of everyone's scores on here so far, unless someone has a bad waiver, we mostly meet the immediate selection requirements.

Hoping someone has heard rumors of a board coming up!

ALEXB1

I know we have all asked and I am sure someone would say something if they had, but has anyone heard anything about an immediate selection board? I know they are rolling but curious if an of your OR's have mentioned anything. Thanks!

Hey y'all, new guy here just starting the process off. I'm thinking about trying to retake the ASTB, but like I said I'm brand new to this so I don't know which side is up. Hate to be that guy, but if anyone would want to weigh in on my chances, that'd be great. Just wanna know where I stand.

GPA 2.87 (2.9-3.0 by end of semester) B.S. Pro Pilot
ASTB 6/6/6 OAR 59
Age 21
Arrest for a DUI, released without charge, and about 5 speeding tickets.

The arrest was BS seeing as I wasn't the driver, but I got a license suspension out of it, and I know that'll probably hurt my chances. I took the ASTB almost 4 years ago and have only spoken to my OR on the phone, so I'm working off what I've seen on the site. From what I've gathered, my ASTB could be improved. Is that the general consensus? Thanks in advance.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Hey y'all, new guy here just starting the process off. I'm thinking about trying to retake the ASTB, but like I said I'm brand new to this so I don't know which side is up. Hate to be that guy, but if anyone would want to weigh in on my chances, that'd be great. Just wanna know where I stand.

GPA 2.87 (2.9-3.0 by end of semester) B.S. Pro Pilot
ASTB 6/6/6 OAR 59
Age 21
Arrest for a DUI, released without charge, and about 5 speeding tickets.

The arrest was BS seeing as I wasn't the driver, but I got a license suspension out of it, and I know that'll probably hurt my chances. I took the ASTB almost 4 years ago and have only spoken to my OR on the phone, so I'm working off what I've seen on the site. From what I've gathered, my ASTB could be improved. Is that the general consensus? Thanks in advance.
You can submit for SNA or SNFO with the scores. If you don’t get picked up the first time around, you can retake your ASTB then. Just my two cents.

ian242

Hello,
My recruiter submitted my application for sna last Friday and said I am auto qualified. What does that mean exactly? Will I need to wait for pro rec and then finsel in May before getting assigned to an ocs class?

Rich Kuya

Sup guys, just checking in:

SNA
GPA: 3.95 Bachelor's in Music Education
ASTB: 52 5/6/6

Had LASIK last June. Everything checked out well. Meeting with recruiter tomorrow morning to iron out the last of my package. Good luck all!