• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- May 14, 2019

SeanC

First of all congratulations to y’all leaving this weekend! I’ve got a question for the other fleet guys.

I understand we are waiting on Finsel, but how’s the process work on getting into specific classes. It seems that the civilian guys’ recruiters help move them to earlier class dates. Is that possible for us as well?

In my situation I was told the first available class is 8SEP19 but my release date was ASAP. It seems odd that I was told that when guys are obviously leaving sooner.
I'm in the same situation. My CO put me in for immediate transfer but its looking like I wont be leaving until September

Well guys good news/bad news (for me):

Good news is that I’ll be shipping out for May 25th class. Bad news is I was literally notified today (22nd). Had to resign from my job effective immediately and I now have 2 days to move my stuff out of my current place, pack, say my goodbyes to friends/family, and swear in... Life just got crazy!

CHOPS_avn

Winged: 10 FEB 2023
pilot
Well guys good news/bad news (for me):

Good news is that I’ll be shipping out for May 25th class. Bad news is I was literally notified today (22nd). Had to resign from my job effective immediately and I now have 2 days to move my stuff out of my current place, pack, say my goodbyes to friends/family, and swear in... Life just got crazy!
Damn, bro, that sucks!!! Hope everything goes ok! Why is everyone getting notified so late??

Damn, bro, that sucks!!! Hope everything goes ok! Why is everyone getting notified so late??

For real dude, too short notice! My recruiter told me it’s because people are dropping out and they need to fill spots so they can get NFOs (my designator) to the fleet as soon as possible so they need to fill spots. I asked if it was possible to leave on June 16th to take care of some things but I had no option really. I guess this is what we signed up for though

tjj0004

For real dude, too short notice! My recruiter told me it’s because people are dropping out and they need to fill spots so they can get NFOs (my designator) to the fleet as soon as possible so they need to fill spots. I asked if it was possible to leave on June 16th to take care of some things but I had no option really. I guess this is what we signed up for though

I’m not SNFO but I’ll swap with you haha

Aceleo

SNA
Btw for those who arrive on Saturday and are staying at the Navy Gateway Inn, we should meet up and get to know each other a bit before we start getting worked on Sunday
I think there is post about that particular class itself. Hopefully you get to know them before heading out.

Aceleo

SNA
My recruiter just told me I am slated for Aug 18th class. I asked him to see if I can go in earlier but seems like that's not an option unless someone else drops out. Apparently, that will be on very short notice.

calvin.a

Go 'Canes!
Any current sailors active/reserve still waiting on a class date/finsel? My application was forwarded for final approval May 21st after getting my official transcript and we still haven't heard anything ?

tjj0004

Any current sailors active/reserve still waiting on a class date/finsel? My application was forwarded for final approval May 21st after getting my official transcript and we still haven't heard anything ?

So between the ROTC, Academy, and civilian applicants all graduating in May the summer classes all got filled up (something I didn’t think about at first) so first available for a few of us that I have spoken with was 08SEP19, and while we have gotten that confirmation we are still waiting on FINSEL like everyone else.

So between the ROTC, Academy, and civilian applicants all graduating in May the summer classes all got filled up (something I didn’t think about at first) so first available for a few of us that I have spoken with was 08SEP19, and while we have gotten that confirmation we are still waiting on FINSEL like everyone else.
Pretty certain the USNA and NROTC newly commissioned officers are not competing for OCS quotas . . .