• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Intoxicated When Reporting For Duty ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
The most embarrassing element to this story is that the dirtbag Captain let his First Office buy the drinks!!!
I've noticed a "trend" over the years as some increase in seniority... the more $enior a pilot becomes, the "shinier (sp?) the seat of his pants" becomes ... i.e., CHEAP. That must be written down somewhere ???

When I was at Braniff, back "in the day", you could not buy a drink (ooops, be careful!!) nor a MEAL during your first year of probation. Most of the "heavies" down there were traditionalists. And most were gentlemen ...

Heck, I even had some FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (!!) insist on buying me dinner once during probation when I WAS paired with a, shall we say, "thrifty" Captain. I think we still called them "Stewardess" or Steward" back then :) .
Plane235.jpg
FLYING COLORS ..... SIGH ..

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hic...

zuggerat said:
hey one less airline pilot whoopee... ok who wants to give up their slot in the fleet and take the open position at air disco tech... :eek: make room for me in pensacola??

But for every one caught...how many fly without getting caught....scary thought.

"Check the flapsh shetting down....hic."

r/
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
But for every one caught...how many fly without getting caught....scary thought. "Check the flapsh shetting down....hic."
SCARED ?!?
ee_16.jpg
SCARED ?!?

"Scary thought"? Hmmmm ... I don't know ... it all depends what it takes to "scare" you, I suppose --- some things are more "scary" to some than others. More specifically, in over 17,000 hours and 25 years of commercial aviation, I have come across ONE (1), repeat, ONE pilot who should not have shown up for work on that given day. I doubt many can say that is their experience in the workplace ... and most CERTAINLY NOT in the Navy!!

Anyone who actually believes that problem drinking or drugs is prevalent in the airline industry is, quite frankly -- by definition: "scary". Or more likely, they are just ignorant regarding what goes on within the aviation ranks in the airline industry. Personally, I would be more concerned anytime I get into a car and drive on the highway than I would be when boarding a commercial aircraft.

Airline pilots represent the most examined, analyzed, scrutinized, poked, prodded, checked, re-checked, line-checked, harrassed, blamed when something goes wrong, and ignored when everything goes right segment of our working society. As in any endeavor, there are the few who should not be here who manage to get in under the radar --- but the beauty of the system is that they do not survive. Witness some of the posts (above) for verification ... would any other airline pilots on the forum wish to "confirm or deny"?? :)

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'll confirm. I've yet to see a single civilian 121 pilot show up unfit to fly.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've disengaged from this thread. See my PM.

r/
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'll Drink To That !!!!!

7711b.jpg
Delta Air Suspends "Drunk" Pilot
steinmetz11-I.JPG

Friday March 4, 6:12 AM EST

ATLANTA (AP)--Delta Air Lines said it has suspended a pilot who was arrested by German police who suspected he was drunk as he prepared for a flight.

The first officer, who Delta has declined to identify, was one of three pilots scheduled to make the Monday morning flight from Frankfurt to Atlanta.

The pilot was given a blood-alcohol test (note: after he showed up naked -- just kidding :) ) and faces possible charges of dangerous interference in air transport, according to news reports.

The pilot "has been removed from active service during the investigation," Delta spokesman John Kennedy said.

Delta said the flight, which had 156 passengers on board, was delayed about two hours. Such international flights normally require a third pilot as a reserve. But the Boeing 767 took off with one captain and one first officer by changing its destination to Boston to keep the flight time below the Federal Aviation Administration's eight-hour cap. The flight continued to Atlanta after changing crews.

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

Status
Not open for further replies.