• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Intoxicated When Reporting For Duty ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Don't sweat it guys ... it only means there's one more open seat for the rest of you. If memory serves me, here's a snapshot of the "Captain" when we attended Federal Flight Deck Officer training in Glynco .....

noltemug.jpg

zuggerat

hey one less airline pilot whoopee... ok who wants to give up their slot in the fleet and take the open position at air disco tech... :eek: make room for me in pensacola??

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Is that Nick Nolte??? When did he start flying commercial jets??? :icon_wink

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4,

Just selected for FFDO. Looking to go to Artisa in a few weeks. Only thing I like better then shooting is shooting government bullets.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
A4,Just selected for FFDO. Looking to go to Artisa in a few weeks. Only thing I like better then shooting is shooting government bullets.
I should say something like, congratulations. But I won't yet --- I will leave that for you to decide after you have finished. The tactical and qualification portions are easy and quasi-worthwhile, but the rest of it? Bureacracy and PC in action ......

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
but the rest of it? Bureacracy and PC in action ......

It's the government, I'd expect nothing less. Have you had your terrorist sensitiviity training at recurrent yet? Required at my outfit due to government law suit settlements.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
..... Have you had your terrorist sensitiviity training at recurrent yet?
But of course: we are ALWAYS trained to be sensitive to the needs of terrorists. We need everyone's business and terrorists pay cash .... :)

But while we're talking "SENSITIVITY" in the airlines, in a general sense: The Rules & Regs & SOP are in concrete and thus must be followed. If you don't, you leave yourself wide-open to second guessing from "ready-room commandos". But judgement must still count for something and judgement is a tough thing to quantify.

My policy, since day one, has been to do what I believe is the right thing --- no matter what the "prevailing wind" of the moment might dictate --- and then stand behind that decision. It's worked every time. I have always had the support of my crew(s) and, ultimately, management. Without going into details, suffice it to say that sometimes I'm amazed I'm still employed.

I am probably Cro-Magnon in this respect: it's MY airplane, MY crew, and MY rear-end, and I will do whatever necessary to protect "them" and conduct the flight "safely & efficiently ...." blah, blah, blah. I subscribe to the theory of "be sure you're right, and then go ahead".
crâne%20cro-magnon.jpg
WELCOME to MY AIPLANE:
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My thoughts exactly. You nuggets out there should read the above carefully. It applies to your Navy career as well. Know your stuff, be thoughtful, be thorough. Then stand by to stay courageous if some idiot tries to take you down because you didn't do what he would have done, or the lawyers wanted you to do, or what was the best press.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FEDS Drop Charges Vs Pilots Accused Of Being Drunk

FEDS Drop Charges Vs Pilots Accused Of Being Drunk
awa_logo.jpg

Tuesday February 1, 12:37 AM EST

MIAMI (AP) --Prosecutors in Miami have dropped federal charges against two fired airline pilots accused of being drunk in the cockpit, saying the case would have required them to prove the allegations based on the pilots' behavior, not blood-alcohol levels.

Pilot Thomas Cloyd and co-pilot Christopher Hughes still face state charges for having blood-alcohol levels above the state legal limit of 0.08% but below the federal standard of 0.10 percent.

U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke signed an order Friday accepting the government's request to drop charges. The decision leaves the pilots facing one trial instead of two after a videotape showed them drinking beer at a Miami sports bar the night before the July 2002 America West (AWA) flight to Phoenix.

The pilots had backed the Airbus, carrying 124 passengers, from a gate at Miami International Airport, but the plane was ordered back to the terminal after airport security officials reported smelling alcohol on the pilots. The two face charges in state court of operating an aircraft while intoxicated, driving a vehicle while impaired and culpable negligence. A trial is tentatively set for May.

Attorneys on both sides of the state case declined to comment. The pilots' attorneys in the federal case did not immediately return phone messages Monday. Both pilots lost their commercial licenses shortly after their arrests and have been barred from recreational flying as a condition of bail.
_38116565_pilots_afp300.jpg
a.k.a. ... shooting yourself in the foot ...VERY BAD HEADWORK, GUYS !!!

(note: These two are REALLY LUCKY to face "only" state, NOT Federal charges.
Their biggest problem remains how to face their WIVES -- remember the bar video !! ... A4s)
updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The most embarrassing element to this story is that the dirtbag Captain let his First Office buy the drinks!!! He shouldn't be allowed to show his face on the property of any airline for that offense alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.