• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pictures of Squadron Areas on Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
Since there is not a Navy in General area, I posted this under NFO.

Does anyone have any photos of a squardons areas: Ready Room, S-1, S-3, S-4, office spaces as well as berthing or both officer and enlisted?

I've looked through the pictures on the official Navy website, but most are close ups of individuals and not much of what the ship looks like.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's a pic of a squadron ready room on the Lincoln. Granted, that boat had just dropped like $20k+ per RR for multimedia upgrades. The bigass projector worked well for Halo. In the corner where the pic was taken from was the SDO desk with a desktop, a phone, a DVD player/receiver, and a flight skeds computer. In the back of the RR is a coffee mess, a fridge, and some other stuff.

Sabre170

None
Thanks for the pic. Are Ready Rooms for Officers only or is a multi-purpose room. How many people can fit in a ready room.

Sabre170

None
Also, does the aircraft carrier down in Corpus Cristi, TX have modern areas like office spaces and berthing (not modern technology). I plan on going down to take a tour of it. I am hoping to get a good feel for what ship life might be like.

F414Guy

The ready room is for officers and the occasional chief sneaking coffee from the mess. You will have an enlisted standing phone watch after flight ops but usually it's off limits. I wish I had some digital pictures of the enlisted berthing to post but I don't. When you get to the ship make sure you go and see how the enlisted live so you can appreciate your 4" thick mattress. I guess you get use to living with 100-350 other guys but there is no privacy what so ever. I don't know of any carrier in TX. Are you sure it's not a gator freighter?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Sabre170 said:
Also, does the aircraft carrier down in Corpus Cristi, TX have modern areas like office spaces and berthing (not modern technology). I plan on going down to take a tour of it. I am hoping to get a good feel for what ship life might be like.

The Lex is OLD... Everything on it, is OLD... Nothing on there will be a great representation of the "amenities" (for lack of a better term) of a modern naval vessel (except for the lack of privacy).

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Pray you don't get this room on the Vinson

Here is the worst stateroom on the Vinson handsdown. They took a 4-man, and turned it into a 2 2-man rooms. This one got the short end of the stick and was about 1/4 the size of the 4 man. This is not normal for a stateroom, most are nicer, but I lived in this hole for 5 1/2 months. In the first picture, I'm standing in the door way when I shot it. Try not to snicker.

Attachments

• Dscn0064.jpg
    Dscn0064.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Dscn0065.jpg
    Dscn0065.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Dscn0066.jpg
    Dscn0066.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 223
Status
Not open for further replies.