• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Paying it forward, ask a question wrt STA-21

GERM

Question about external board:
I have my external board this afternoon, with a squadron. I am applying for the Intel as a target option and Core as secondary. They don’t have an Intel officer, and unfortunately my command is the only Intel command in the area.
Instruction 1420.1B 8-12
Although not stated on the form, board members shall annotate their rank, designator, and job title on their respective appraisal sheets. The following exceptions apply: CEC, NC, MC, special duty officer (Intel), SWO IP/IW/ED/OCEANO options, HR, and SC applicants should have at least one officer from their prospective community on the board.
According to the instruction, am I basically out of luck? Is there a work around for this issue? Has this been an issue for anyone else?​

bmp408

Key word is "should". I think your fine as long as your CO talks about it in his recommendation.

Just my 2

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
isn't spy just moonlighting as a pilot while he is secretly collecting Social Security ;)

predikate

If there is no mark in the "Potential" box of the interviewer's appraisal sheets would this cause my package to be rejected? Package went out but I was allowed to look at the package after and found two of the board members did not give me any mark although they did provide positive write-ups.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't think it would cause you to get rejected. Theoretically, you aren't supposed to see your package after you submit it to your chain of command, and thusly you have no control over what they do to it (or don't do for that matter). As long as your portion of the package was squared away, don't sweat it.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
If there are errors on your interview sheets it is usually noted online when you logon and check the status. I had to resubmit interview sheets due to minor problems such as missing Officer designator. If there is a problem it's pretty easy to contact the Officer and have them make the correction and then just fax in the new form.

wernama

Hey Hows it going? I am trying to PM some of you guys and girls that have been selected in the previous years but, a pop up comes up when I try that sais I need to complete 10 posts before I can send any Pm's...I am trying not to post all my questions on here to keep the post to a minimum, anyone know how to get around this? Thanks.

rlgoldiinger

Reservist?

I know the instructions say STA-21 is open for SELRES but does anyone actually know anyone that made it into the program from SELRES?

phrogpilot73

I am trying not to post all my questions on here to keep the post to a minimum, anyone know how to get around this?
There is no way around it. There has been a problem in the past with spammers utilizing the PM system - so that's why the restriction exists.

Ask your questions in the thread, there's probably someone else who has the same question...

I stand a great possibility of getting sent IA to Iraq in September. If I do, what will happen if I get selected into STA-21 in October?​