• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Past-life cumulative GPA

Articuno

SNFO PROREC-Y
Long story short, I wasn't prepared for college when I was young and did magnificently poorly, like a 1.something GPA over 48 attempted credits poorly. A decade later I figured my life out, did some NCPACE course, had some JST courses accepted, and am graduating with a 3.93 GPA from Penn State where I completed the remaining 76 credit hours. After reading that the Navy still calculates older attempted courses by my calculations I would be sitting at maybe a 3.08 if I did my calculations correctly, though honestly I am probably missing some Fs that didn't pop up on my transfer worksheet. It has been so long I can no longer access the old institution transcripts because my account has since been deleted. Would this new GPA require me to get a waiver? Would the board look past this with my stellar current academic record?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Long story short, I wasn't prepared for college when I was young and did magnificently poorly, like a 1.something GPA over 48 attempted credits poorly. A decade later I figured my life out, did some NCPACE course, had some JST courses accepted, and am graduating with a 3.93 GPA from Penn State where I completed the remaining 76 credit hours. After reading that the Navy still calculates older attempted courses by my calculations I would be sitting at maybe a 3.08 if I did my calculations correctly, though honestly I am probably missing some Fs that didn't pop up on my transfer worksheet. It has been so long I can no longer access the old institution transcripts because my account has since been deleted. Would this new GPA require me to get a waiver? Would the board look past this with my stellar current academic record?

All transcripts must be submitted to CNRC, no exceptions with this.

If you want to know your current GPA added together ask CNRC to provide you a GPA calc sheet.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

You can't change the past. Accept it, explain how you grew from the experience and let the cards fall as they may. You can't change or control the numbers, only the narrative.

exNavyOffRec

Like what was said you need to contact each school you went to, and get every transcript, it is not a fun time if you don't and are caught later.

number9

Contributor
You can't change the past. Accept it, explain how you grew from the experience and let the cards fall as they may. You can't change or control the numbers, only the narrative.
I would address it in either the interview, the application statement, or maybe even both.

For OP, I had to supply transcripts from four different schools for my ODS (so not OCS) application. It is what it is.

Your GPA isn't great, but it's not terribly bad either. It also helps that you've shown significant improvement which I would defiantly bring up in the motivational statement.

The transcripts are going to be the bigger issue. Are you sure your school fully deleted them? I would give them a call explaining your situation and seeing if there is any way they can find it or generate a new one for you.

number9

Contributor
Lol, not sure how I overlooked that. For the record, I would not recommend coming across as "defiant" in your motivational statement or interview.
It's my favorite typo, especially when the meaning still works.

"Hey bro are you coming out tonight?" "Yeah defiantly!"