• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PAO Questions

exNavyOffRec

Anyone in here apply for the most recent PAO board happening in November? I've been trying to apply for years and this is my first time getting my package in to be reviewed and I'm kind of curious as to how many were able to get their applications in based on the short notice that they were actually doing a board this year..

at least you are (or were) and MC, that should help, if you have a high GPA that should get you a good look.

Jparm429

Anyone in here apply for the most recent PAO board happening in November? I've been trying to apply for years and this is my first time getting my package in to be reviewed and I'm kind of curious as to how many were able to get their applications in based on the short notice that they were actually doing a board this year..
I am. This is my first time being reviewed as well.

Hello! Thanks for being willing to answer questions.
Got a 53 on OAR on first attempt. OR says this is good for Public Affairs Officer, which is what I want to do.
I got a 3.57 GPA with a Bachelors in Acting and Directing for theater (from a top 10 program).
I'll need a couple waivers, one moral (DUI, misdemeanor) and one medical (hernia).
Thoughts on whether I should retake for a PAO app? And/or how strong my application would be?

emcee1

They don’t seem to care much about OAR. You need to get recommendations from good PAOs and have a strong portfolio based on the program authorization.

Maria Danielle

Happy to find this thread, I am applying for PAO #1 choice and AMDO #2.

I am currently working on getting LOR's and trying to find PAO's for at least two interview's but that's been difficult to find the correct rank but I'll continue to reach out. I did want to ask about my portfolio and what I have to include in it. I have not had many items published but I was the PAO for our legal office for about a year and a half and did weekly updates to reach out to the community via social media/command email. Would I be able to include some of the write ups that I did for the media post? I've also written a couple of specific articles for my community that I will be including as well.

Secondly, my OR stated that I can only submit one package per designator but I was under the impression that if one board did not pick me up it rolls over to the second - is that not the case?

exNavyOffRec

Happy to find this thread, I am applying for PAO #1 choice and AMDO #2.

I am currently working on getting LOR's and trying to find PAO's for at least two interview's but that's been difficult to find the correct rank but I'll continue to reach out. I did want to ask about my portfolio and what I have to include in it. I have not had many items published but I was the PAO for our legal office for about a year and a half and did weekly updates to reach out to the community via social media/command email. Would I be able to include some of the write ups that I did for the media post? I've also written a couple of specific articles for my community that I will be including as well.

Secondly, my OR stated that I can only submit one package per designator but I was under the impression that if one board did not pick me up it rolls over to the second - is that not the case?

you can submit for more than 1 designator at a time, it doesn't really roll over so much as it is seen when the boards are meeting.

PAO and AMDO are quite different and if a person meets the background for one they probably don't meet the background for the other. PAO also nearly exclusively accepts people who are current or were prior MC's. AMDO tends to like people that have an aviation maintenance background so I am wondering if your OR has actually been guiding you through the process.