• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Poseidon's Exanding Mission Set

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Trying to ensure MAC proficiency and currency has proven a total failure, and AAS is insane. I just got AAS qualified and I'm struggling to not suck at it. I feel so bad for our brand new level 300s who are trying to balance just getting good at our core mission sets and then getting good at this too.

You're a DH, that can't be the only thing your struggling to not suck at ;).

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, I just read an very interesting article about the NAVY potentially expanding the P-8 mission set with new weapons and systems. I'd love to get some insight on this from some P-8 Pilots and NFOs. How's the community mindset on this? Are people really pushing for this or do squadrons just want to keep doing their traditional missions of ASuW [anti-surface warfare], ASW [anti-submarine warfare], and limited ISR [intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance]? Honesty, from a outsider looking in, it seems like expanding the Poseidon's Mission With New Missiles, Mines, Bombs, And Decoys seems like a great idea. What are you guys thoughts?

Absolutely! Need more mission sets for the readiness tracker/ Qual matrix...P-8 squadrons need to work every weekend on their home cycles to get the full VP experience.