• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 in Spokane

exNavyOffRec

I was driving on I-90 and a P-3 was flying into Spokane airport today at about 1230, I was surprised as it isn't often you see a P-3 in Eastern Washington.

It was a nice sight to see.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Possibly a VQ bounce bird from Whidbey. Last time I was there, they still had a few of those on the flight line. DHS and DEA also still operate that airframe.

exNavyOffRec

Possibly a VQ bounce bird from Whidbey. Last time I was there, they still had a few of those on the flight line. DHS and DEA also still operate that airframe.

It was low enough that the boom looked like a P-3 boom as opposed to a back of an EP-3, it had the markings of a USN plane vice DHS or DEA, I had a nice view as it passed in front of me right to left and then as it was on approach a look at its right side, all of this as my wife is saying "should I get a picture?" lol

Maybe some reservist flying?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
VP-69 (nice) is in Whidbey. Maybe it was them, not sure of their "schedule" as far as being OCONUS or not. I always thought the P-3 looked more "military" than the P-8 and had a little more "cool factor" on purely that aesthetic.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From my understanding, the reserve squadron (augmented with active duty) will continue to fly the P-3 with LSRS for a while.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
VQ has straight-stick P3’s for their bounce birds, and 69 has them as well. Love the old girl, but I’ll never miss the sound of her fucking APU...

Pags

N/A
pilot
VP-69 (nice) is in Whidbey. Maybe it was them, not sure of their "schedule" as far as being OCONUS or not. I always thought the P-3 looked more "military" than the P-8 and had a little more "cool factor" on purely that aesthetic.
They're both converted airliners. Just one wasn't totally ubiquitous as an airliners.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
No P-3 but pretty cool C-27 in all white/no insignia livery doing bounces outside my office window!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're both converted airliners. Just one wasn't totally ubiquitous as an airliners.
Something something props ripping the wings off . . .

So really, the P-3 and P-8 were both adapted from airliners with reputations for rapid unscheduled disassembly.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't realize the 737 NG was such a flying coffin. I'll have to update my life insurance before I go back to work.
Sigh. It was a MAX joke . . . and yes, I know the P-8 isn’t a MAX. The joke only has to be 10 percent true, right?

¯\(ツ)