• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders to API

joe dirt

pilot
When we receive our orders to API do we also find out where we will be going for primary? Thanks.

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
No. You won't get follow on orders. When you get your orders for Pcola, you will check into MATSG-21. There you will wait, do some BS, do IFS, wait, do some stupid BS, then get picked up for API. About a week before you start API you will find out how many of you are needed to go to Vance (~1), Corpus(~half), or Whiting. They tend to send married folks to Whiting if they want it and if they can. Get to know the dudes in the MOC OPS office, and get them to know you if you really want to go somewhere. They are the ones that coordinate where people are going. But for the most part, you and your classmates decide who goes where.

navyterp67

pilot
I heard that Marines are no longer being sent to Vance. Class 12-19 had two Marines selected for it, but they were switched to other destinations in the middle of API. Also, the Navy will stop sending SNAs to Vance soon but until then, they still draw 1 or 2 names out of a hat every week (no more buying your way out).

Criminal

pilot
I've heard a lot of conflicting shit about that. I really doubt that anyone knows. I swear "big" Navy & MC is really a bunch of dudes who get drunk and make up silly shit

robav8r

None
Contributor
I swear "big" Navy & MC is really a bunch of dudes who get drunk and make up silly shit

Go easy now Hoss, how do you know "Big Navy" isn't a bunch of cackling hens, sitting around a spouse club meeting, drinking Starbucks Latte's funneling all of their ideas to CO suggestion boxes throughout the Fleet ???
:)

Criminal

pilot
Go easy now Hoss, how do you know "Big Navy" isn't a bunch of cackling hens, sitting around a spouse club meeting, drinking Starbucks Latte's funneling all of their ideas to CO suggestion boxes throughout the Fleet ???
:)
That also makes sense.

Erin M.

pilot
I don't know the official word, so take this with a grain of salt; Marines haven't gone to Vance for several API classes now and the MOC Ops crew has been saying that there will be no more Marines shipped out to Vance.

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
I don't know the official word, so take this with a grain of salt; Marines haven't gone to Vance for several API classes now and the MOC Ops crew has been saying that there will be no more Marines shipped out to Vance.

This is all true and I sure would like to know how Criminal got into our planning sessions. Of course it could all reverse course, but current direction is for no Marines at Vance.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The "no Marines to Vance" policy could be a result of the consistent need to give many of the returning Marine students review boards for continuation in flight training for receiving "too many" unsats during their time there (Since AF hands unsats out like candy compared to Navy training- Marines returning to Navy training are any worse then their peers- they just have a much greater number of unsats in their jacket arriving to advanced).

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Back in the "Old Corps," studs still went to Vance and showed up to Advanced with 3, 5, even upwards of 13 unsats. I've seen guys with zero unsats out of Air Force land (relatively uncommon) go ospreys, helos, props, and a guy with 7 unsats go jets and vice versa. Shit is weird out there for sure, but sending no one there at all anymore...WTF?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Back in the "Old Corps," studs still went to Vance and showed up to Advanced with 3, 5, even upwards of 13 unsats. I've seen guys with zero unsats out of Air Force land (relatively uncommon) go ospreys, helos, props, and a guy with 7 unsats go jets and vice versa. Shit is weird out there for sure, but sending no one there at all anymore...WTF?

Word from the VT front offices at Whiting is that it's purely a funding issue. Marine Corps says they cannot afford to PCS them to Vance, therefore they won't do it.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Word from the VT front offices at Whiting is that it's purely a funding issue. Marine Corps says they cannot afford to PCS them to Vance, therefore they won't do it.

Ha, that's really not all that surprising I guess. Maybe one day we'll be able to afford to send studs back out there.