• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old toys

Old NFO

None
Since all you youngsters like the "new" toys, I thought I'd throw up a pic of some of my Old toys... Both early 1970's Colt Pythons bought new in '72 and '73, the 6 inch has over 30 thousand rounds through it in practice and competition, the 4 inch was my car gun for years. Both show the wear of normal use, but I trust them to work EVERY time. Sad part is, everytime I take them to the range, somebody is bugging me to sell them, which cuts into my shooting time. :D

Attachments

• two pythons 2.JPG
    two pythons 2.JPG
    691.4 KB · Views: 87

MasterBates

Very nice OldNFO. Same username as THR?

I don't think I was one of the guys bugging you. Come down to GRPC in JAX and I will though! :D

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Since all you youngsters like the "new" toys, I thought I'd throw up a pic of some of my Old toys... Both early 1970's Colt Pythons bought new in '72 and '73, the 6 inch has over 30 thousand rounds through it in practice and competition, the 4 inch was my car gun for years. Both show the wear of normal use, but I trust them to work EVERY time. Sad part is, everytime I take them to the range, somebody is bugging me to sell them, which cuts into my shooting time. :D

Im sorry did you say 30 thousand rounds? Thats one hell of alot of ammo...they look good though.

Old NFO

None
Im sorry did you say 30 thousand rounds? Thats one hell of alot of ammo...they look good though.
Yep, at least that many- Take a close look at the trigger and the ends of the cylinders on the 6"... When I was shooting a lot, 1500 rounds a week was not unusual just for practice. After I quit competing regularly, I dropped back to about 1000 rounds a month. I know people with over 200,000 rounds through competition pistols.:eek:

FMRAM

Wouldn't that cause some sort of repetitive motion injury shooting that much? That .357 is no kitten.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice wheelguns.

I have a Ruger GP-100 4" Stainless and a Nagant 1895

Old NFO

None
Wouldn't that cause some sort of repetitive motion injury shooting that much? That .357 is no kitten.
Nope, you learn how to pull smmoootthhhllllyyyyy :) Actually, it has a professionally reworked trigger that was done in 1972 for competition. It's right at 2.3 lbs DAO, with no slack. Also, in competition, we shot .38's. IF I'd shot that many .357 rounds, my right arm would be the size of my thigh!!!!:D

Old NFO

None
Wise advice, indeed. I might give one to my son(s), but, sell one??? Never.

BTW, nice weapons.
Thank you.... thank you.... I was raised that way :D We have some guns that have been in the family since the 1850's, they will never be traded. Of course, we also still own the original Louisiana homestead purchased in 1852 also.

FMRAM

Nope, you learn how to pull smmoootthhhllllyyyyy :) Actually, it has a professionally reworked trigger that was done in 1972 for competition. It's right at 2.3 lbs DAO, with no slack. Also, in competition, we shot .38's. IF I'd shot that many .357 rounds, my right arm would be the size of my thigh!!!!:D

Good thinkin...:D