• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bserton

Question. My recruiter says that I do not have to have a recommendation/interview with a current officer in my package. I keep reading on these forums that you need one. Who is correct? If I do not have one (I have a recommendation from a close friend who is a Lt in the Marines), is that a bad sign to the board?

tali264

It depends on what communities you're applying to. I'm SNA and didn't have to do an interview.

kabttu

anyone know what communities require interviews? or maybe communities where they're highly recommended to improve your chances of being selected?

bigmikenjax

I am applying for 1520 AMDO designation and you are required to have 3 interviews from current officers. They prefer if one of them is the same designator for which you are applying for. They also prefer higher ranking officers. (More clout) Officer selection sometimes is very political, for some you may be on the borderline of being picked up, your interviews may help put you over. It may not be what you are, but who you know.
Mike

I don't think you have to, but I'm applying for BDCP for SNFO and my recruter set me up with one with his CO who just happens to be a NFO. I'm pretty excited about it!

WFU2USN

I've heard (got to love the rumor mill) that Intel., Crypto., CEC, and AMDO often require interviews.

Just what I've heard, so don't hold me to it.

IS2(SCW)

Status
Not open for further replies.