• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

# of SNA slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

I was wondering if anyone out there has heard about the # of remaining SNA slots? I remember back in Dec. there were around 130, but I haven't heard anything lately.

John, Steve...how does ROTC and Academy selection work. I've heard that their selection time and %(?)is different. Would an SNA starting API/Primary in or around the summer be in a class full of Academy/ROTC grads?

D

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dave, really can't answer any of those #s questions, or the percentage. Though if I recall correctly, the slots are indeed divided between USNA, NROTC and OCS. I graduated/commissioned in May of 1999, I had put my package in for service selection back the previous Fall term, and found out that I was selected for SNA during the Xmas break.

I was fortunate and went straight from Gville to Pcola, and started API after a 3 week wait. We had pretty much everything in our class, some Academy guys, Marines, OCS, Coasties, an Army transfer and Air Farce members. Though the rush of Academy grads came a couple of weeks after I started. More than half were SNFOs though, just a few of us were SNAs. Started off with the guys who knew each other sticking together, Academy guys, Marines, OCS dudes, but that kind of broke up as training went on and everyone got to know each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.