• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS to NFO

Justme5

After OCS graduation, do they fly you directly to Pensacola for NFO training or do you go back to your home of record to get belongings? We are trying to plan a quick wedding and I’m not even sure if I’ll be going home with COVID19 happening.

rymo96

After OCS graduation, do they fly you directly to Pensacola for NFO training or do you go back to your home of record to get belongings? We are trying to plan a quick wedding and I’m not even sure if I’ll be going home with COVID19 happening.
In general you are responsible for your own travel arrangements, but you will get reimbursed based on travel and per diem.

Typically SNFOs check into NAS Pensacola the week (Monday to Wednesday) after OCS graduation. Due to COVID19, SNAs are not likely to get OHARP and come straight down to Pensacola too. Depending on when you arrive in Pensacola and report in via email/phone and how COVID19 factors in, you will have fourteen days of ROM at your place of residence before you check-in in person for the first time.

It maybe possible to contact your detailer and move your check-in date back, however I am not sure how COVID19 will factor in. I know some SNAs who contacted their detailers to move their check-in dates up.

Justme5

Just making sure I understand...ROM will be at my home of record or in Pensacola?
Thank you for taking the time to answer. It’s so hard to try to plan anything, let alone a wedding.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just making sure I understand...ROM will be at my home of record or in Pensacola?
Thank you for taking the time to answer. It’s so hard to try to plan anything, let alone a wedding.
Lots of people have cancelled wedding plans recently. Not the smartest thing to do with COVID threat. You’re probably not going to get out of area leave authorized under current guidance. I recommend deferring any wedding plans.

rymo96

ROM will be at your place of resistance in Pensacola.

In general you are responsible for your own travel arrangements, but you will get reimbursed based on travel and per diem.

Typically SNFOs check into NAS Pensacola the week (Monday to Wednesday) after OCS graduation. Due to COVID19, SNAs are not likely to get OHARP and come straight down to Pensacola too. Depending on when you arrive in Pensacola and report in via email/phone and how COVID19 factors in, you will have fourteen days of ROM at your place of residence before you check-in in person for the first time.

It maybe possible to contact your detailer and move your check-in date back, however I am not sure how COVID19 will factor in. I know some SNAs who contacted their detailers to move their check-in dates up.

Word on the street is that people getting orders directly from OCS to Pensacola may have a TDS in Norfolk or San Diego during IFS pool. A-pool isn't doing anything besides ROM'ing until API due to COVID, and Florida is currently deteriorating right now. Everything seems up in the air right now...