• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOUGE OCS Survivor's Guide (updated Jan. 2016)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Not to steal @Chop07 's thunder, but we have a similar one that includes information for prior enlisted/active duty. There's also a PQS (you'll learn a ton about that once you get into the fleet) created to help prepare for OCS. Whichever one your choose you'll have the most up to date information for OCS.

Attachments

• SURVIVORS GUIDE TO OCS (May 16).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 542

MR

The Survivors guide does not include the CWO-5 rank; however, the Appendix b updated in 2014 does. Is the CWO-5 rank no longer testable? Also, the rank verbiage defers from the appendix b. Example 0-8 states "Two Silver Star" whereas the Appendix b states "four silver five-pointed stars". These discrepancies are throughout. Can anyone clarify.

MR

I guess what I really want to know is what rank verbiage I should be studying. Everyone says the appendix b verbatim. But if you look at the verbiage for officer shoulder devices the appendix b changes how it states "one gold five pointed star" five different ways and their is no consistancy. Advice appreciated. thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I guess what I really want to know is what rank verbiage I should be studying. Everyone says the appendix b verbatim. But if you look at the verbiage for officer shoulder devices the appendix b changes how it states "one gold five pointed star" five different ways and their is no consistancy. Advice appreciated. thanks.

Study ALL of it

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I took your question back to our recent grad and he updated the gouge document. The newest version is attached here.

Attachments

• OCS_Survivors_Guide_Updated_5May2016.docx
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 396

speedroller

Rangers
Can I suggest the new release include a list of changes from previous revisions? That might help to identify updates quicker.

As being a recent OCS graduate, the biggest advice I'd have is to be "Open to Change". You may find that your class team wants you to learn the Articles of the Code of Conduct one way, or even change up the verbiage on the General Orders another way. It won't be anything too drastic. Confidence is the key at OCS. Know what you know, and if you don't, say you don't then find out.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Can I suggest the new release include a list of changes from previous revisions? That might help to identify updates quicker.

rovlta9.jpg

zenryo

Not to steal @Chop07 's thunder, but we have a similar one that includes information for prior enlisted/active duty. There's also a PQS (you'll learn a ton about that once you get into the fleet) created to help prepare for OCS. Whichever one your choose you'll have the most up to date information for OCS.
I read the prior enlisted part. Excellent! If I should get in I will eat a big piece of humble pie!