• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Plastic clip board? not sure i understand.
Lol. It's how you make your bed taught. It'll make sense when you get there, though the NEX always had a huge supply of clipboards when I was there so you can feel safe not arriving with one if you don't want to.

Also yes, electric razors were still very much allowed when I left at the end of May.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
OTCN also got new mattresses around early January and they're HUGE so getting your bed tight is a little more difficult, anything helps.

Meyerkord

pilot
My hatchmate and I slept on the floor ? our beds were pristine and we didn't want to destroy them.
I did the same. On one of those thin yoga mats ?

Still failed it the first time and had to re-do the next morning. Ahh, fun times

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Haha we made pallets on the floor with our contraband NEX blankets and pillows ?. Yikes I'm sorry you had to do it twice, I would have stressed worse than I already was lol

Meyerkord

pilot
Haha we made pallets on the floor with our contraband NEX blankets and pillows ?. Yikes I'm sorry you had to do it twice, I would have stressed worse than I already was lol
Section leader that morning was supposed to wake up the re-takers 30 minutes early but instead gave us a 4 minute heads-up. So I had about 10 minutes to be posted out, fully dressed, room completely ready for inspection. It sucked, but I survived lol.

BSchroth

Section leader that morning was supposed to wake up the re-takers 30 minutes early but instead gave us a 4 minute heads-up. So I had about 10 minutes to be posted out, fully dressed, room completely ready for inspection. It sucked, but I survived lol.
any recommendations for RLP? lessons learned yo are willing to pass on

Meyerkord

pilot
any recommendations for RLP? lessons learned yo are willing to pass on
Give a good first impression (clean uniform, loud greeting, crisp salute), scream as loud as you can, make sure your locker is squared away, and never EVER stop pushing. Know your knowledge, too (ranks/insignia, code of conduct, chain of command, general orders, etc) and be able to belt those out without even thinking about them.

When I went through, you could only get docked 5 points for knowledge (need an 80 to pass), but I believe they changed it so it's weighted more heavily now. @GlassBanger can confirm or deny that.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Correct, there are now 10 knowledge points/hits but still need an 80 to pass. Too many people were going by the "don't worry about the knowledge, just push and be loud and you'll be fine" philosophy so OCS was like, "alright bro. Now it's double."

Definitely know your knowledge and be confident. If you mess up, mess up at 100mph and own it. Have heart and grit, and please god brush your tongue and teeth and shave your face/neck/chest and you'll be fine.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Correct, there are now 10 knowledge points/hits but still need an 80 to pass. Too many people were going by the "don't worry about the knowledge, just push and be loud and you'll be fine" philosophy so OCS was like, "alright bro. Now it's double."

Definitely know your knowledge and be confident. If you mess up, mess up at 100mph and own it. Have heart and grit, and please god brush your tongue and teeth and shave your face/neck/chest and you'll be fine.
Know your knowledge as well before coming to OCS. Three weeks goes by really quickly, and if you don’t know your knowledge the RDCs/ DIs will fail you.