• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SLOT TAKEN AWAY BY NOMI - PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Ok folks .... get this CRAP!!!

It's 4 days until OCS, I've quit my job and prepared everything. My recruiter calls and says that NOMI has denied my medical because even though my anthro measurments are WITHIN LIMITS, I can only fit into an F-18 so they will not approve my medical and therfore I cannot attend OCS. Needless to say I AM REALLY REALLY SHOCKED AND PISSED OFF!!!!!!

If anyone knows of anyone or anything that may be able to help me PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! My recrutier says that he is trying his best to fight this but that NOMI is not budging. Thanks in advance and to all you that I will be missing on Sunday ..... PLEASE understand what a wonderful opportunity you have and make the best of it!

Peace,

-Spin

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
That's terrible. I would hate the world. Do whatever it takes to get in that class. You never know, maybe something will budge. Good luck man, I'll be praying for your situation.

stevew

I say show up to OCS anyway and play stupid, make as if nothing happened and that you were never informed by NAMI about anything. Worst thing that could happen is they will tell you to go home. At least that way you have more leverage with thembeing that NAMI's whole reasoning sounds rediculous and you are there anyway, maybe they would let you slide.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Steve

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Well ..... my recruiter cannot give me my orders without approval from NOMI. I have put in a call to them and there might be some light at the end of the tunnel.

CandKyMarine

Tough break. Same type of thing happened to my younger brother the day before he was supposed to leave for Quantico. His medical package was flagged because he erroneously told them he had sinusitis when it was only a sinus infection. He never forgave them for pulling the rug out from under him, tried the Navy, was accepted, and the rest is history. Anyway, . . .
One of my best friends in flight school had a similiar problem. He had already finsihed primary and selected jets when they told him his legs were too long to fly the T-2 or TA-4. Too much clearance between his thighs and the seat makes for trouble when ejecting. Therefore, he was only eligible for helos. The way he fought it was by learning a trick where when he actually sat in the cockpit the clearance was less than predicted. After learning it, he requested that NOMI test him in both planes and a flight physiologist would make the call right then and there. It worked, the physiologist gave him the go ahead, and off to jets he went.
Don't know if this story will help you out or not. It can't hurt to ask NOMI if you can come down to Pensacola and actually sit in some planes for a realistic test/measurement. Who knows, you may have been measured wrong. Good luck.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Dude, that's crazy! I can't imagine your frustration right now. I really hope you can find some resolution to this thing. Good luck.

RANGEWARDEN

WHAT IS YOUR SIZE. IM 6'4" 215. WHERE DID YOU TAKE THE FLIGHT PHYSICAL. IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY F%^&* UP.
GOOD LUCK
HANG IN THERE

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Freakin sucks man... I'm pullin for ya and hope for the best. Keep us up to date on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.