• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sit-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

twidget

Deskaholic
Do you have to rest in the up-position while doing sit-ups for the PFA? I think I've read that here before, but it doesn't jive with the PRT instruction so I thought I'd ask to be sure.

dhafeman

Just be able to do 105 without stopping and don't worry about when you can and can't rest because that changes every time you do them.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Even though you're allowed to rest in both positions, try your damnest not to rest in the down position. one, you waste time that you could be doing situps, and two, it kills your momentum.

johnmyson

OC Radioactive Man
A good rule of thumb I have learned from this site is if you're trying to figure out which way they do something at OCS, just assume that the correct way is whatever way you DON'T want to do it.

I like dhafeman's strategy.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Question - when doing situps do your arms have to stay tight against your chest? I mean can you raise your elbows out to touch your legs as long as your hands are crossed and touching your shoulders? This is the way I've done it for PRT's in the past and I was wondering whether it will be the same once I get to OCS. Thanks.

specialS

You can rest in the up or down position. Arms crossed w/ hands grounded to chest. Finger tips usually touch collar bones. Must touch elbows to thighs without flaring away from chest. Sholder blades must hit deck. Butt can not bounce and must remain 10 inches from heals. This is the current standard at OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.