• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

Hi everyone. I got accepted to OCS this morning. They've got me going to ACES next week and then to OCS right from there. I had a question regarding the Big Three. I'm not completely sure what they are so I'd appreciate it if somebody could fill me in. I've learned the General Orders of a Sentry and the rank structure so hopefully, I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks a lot.

AK

vicki

Congratulations. The other component of the "Big Three" is the Articles of the Code of Conduct and the Chain of Command. Both are on the OCS website. Are you scheduled for the 21Jan ACEs or the 28Jan ACEs? I'm headed for the 28Jan one, so maybe I'll catch you there. Take care.

AK

Vicki,

Thanks for your help and I'm going to the 28Jan one so I'll probably see you there. Question. Do you think they'll let us watch the Superbowl?

Derrill Thompson

AK

Vicki knows, but I'll let you know anyway. The ACES program is a week-long party. Once you make it past the Monday Physical, the rest is all fun.

The only trouble you're going to encounter is that you won't be able to throw back beers during the Superbowl. It starts at 1745 Central time. You cannot consume anything but water after 1800.

When you fly in on Sunday, the only thing you do is check in at the BEQ on Pensacola. After that, you have nothing to do but starve yourself until 0630 the next morning.

Hope that helps....probably not what you wanted to hear...

Congrats on OCS and flight training!!.

Derrill

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't know what your schedule is like, and if you are stuck there at the BEQ, but if you want to catch the game out in town grab a cab and go to Seville's, they have a bunch of big screen TVs they pull out for games.

AK: Congrats on getting selected for OCS, and enjoy ACEs and your flight in the turbo weenie!

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:The only trouble you're going to encounter is that you won't be able to throw back beers during the Superbowl. It starts at 1745 Central time. You cannot consume anything but water after 1800.
Vodka...the "other" clear beverage.

Dave Shutter

quote:...I got accepted to OCS this morning. They've got me going to ACES next week and then to OCS right from there.

AK...if you got accepted this morning then do you mind if ask when you sent in your app?

Also, you said you're doing OCS right after ACES, do you mean RIGHT FROM THERE like the VERY next day, or how long afterwards?

I'm trying to get a ballpark figure on how long app's and ACES/OCS reporting dates are taking these days.

Thanx in advance and good luck!

D

AK

Dave,

My application package was sent in a few days before Christmas so it was really bad timing. It turns out that they didn't even send a notice back that they received it until the 8th of January. So, it really took about two weeks. One factor that may have helped expedite the process was that I wrote 'as soon as possible' for my start date. I'd definitely suggest bugging your recuiter a little bit because he/she can always drop a phone call to their contact down there and get your app moved up in the pile. I hope that answers your question regarding the response time.

As for my my OCS start date, I will be going straight from ACES to OCS. My ACES date is 28 January and OCS is 3 February.

Good luck and feel free to write me if you have any questions.

AK

Jason Williams

Dave To go back a bit, they responed within 3 working days of the application being sent out. I was told two weeks as most of us are. This was also for SNA and it was the middle of Dec. Also I was given a bunch of choices for Aces dates and went pretty much at my convienence. AK congrates on selection, see ya in OCS. I arrive March 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.