• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc9280

I know this strand was under another topic but it seemed like most of those people were Navy. Does anyone know what a married candidate with a pilot slot will qualitfy for during OCS? It just seems like they could include many different things such as BAH, BAS, flight pay maybe?, separation, etc. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect besides BAH for our lease and E-5 pay, unless that it all. Thanks.

Kevin

Rainman

pilot
It seemed to me the BAS you got at OCS was like $12/mo. No flight pay until after API (orders to primary training after API, specifically).

davidsin

what exactly do ocs cadidates make during ocs...when signing my contract my oso said I'll be getting E-5 pay i think that's sergent. Can anyone help...thanks.

Just wanna know if I'll be able to pay my bills if I'm at ocs.
Oh does anyone know if we can use email during ocs?...

Semper Fi Do or Die Gung Ho GUng Ho!!

O-man

Yes- thats a SGT, and its great pay (Its the same- for the most part- as those who will be training you). ten weeks should get you a few thousand dollers. You get 24 hours free time (a week)after a few weeks, and you can hunt down a phone center to e-mail and do bills if your so inlcined. there are pay grade charts around that tell you how much enlisted pay is- I dont know where- I am just not that thrifty. They have got to be posted around here some place though.On a side note- reguarding money- It may be a decent idea to save up some before OCS to help with uniforms and all at the end. Most take out loans for all of it- I hear.

davidsin

thanks for the input...that helped a great deal...
Originally posted by O-man
Yes- thats a SGT, and its great pay (Its the same- for the most part- as those who will be training you). ten weeks should get you a few thousand dollers. You get 24 hours free time (a week)after a few weeks, and you can hunt down a phone center to e-mail and do bills if your so inlcined. there are pay grade charts around that tell you how much enlisted pay is- I dont know where- I am just not that thrifty. They have got to be posted around here some place though.On a side note- reguarding money- It may be a decent idea to save up some before OCS to help with uniforms and all at the end. Most take out loans for all of it- I hear.

Semper Fi Do or Die Gung Ho GUng Ho!!

tsannk

kmc9280,
You don't rate any BAH, BAS or flight pay at OCS at all regarless Ground or aviation contract candidate. Your pay at OCS is equivalent to a Sgt pay with less than two years of service, not too sure about the # of year though.

kmc9280

I've been told that I need to take a copy of my lease. Supposedly, due to being married, I will receive BAH. Does anyone know if this is not the case?

Kevin

Tessone

The pay charts are here:

http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/01-2002.pdf

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.