• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS College Question

sparty7140

Hey everyone, I have been considering taking my shot at applying for Navy OCS but I had a question I was hoping someone could answer as I haven't found any answers online. I am half-Swedish (born and raised in Michigan though) and currently and just about to finish my bachelors degree here in Sweden and I was wondering if that counts as 4 year degree for the application. The university is accredited by the EU and an American institution as well. There is also the problem that we do not really do GPA's here so I'm not sure if there are waivers for this but just hoping someone more knowledgeable than me is out there. Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone, I have been considering taking my shot at applying for Navy OCS but I had a question I was hoping someone could answer as I haven't found any answers online. I am half-Swedish (born and raised in Michigan though) and currently and just about to finish my bachelors degree here in Sweden and I was wondering if that counts as 4 year degree for the application. The university is accredited by the EU and an American institution as well. There is also the problem that we do not really do GPA's here so I'm not sure if there are waivers for this but just hoping someone more knowledgeable than me is out there. Thanks!

You will need to see a local recruiter who will send your transcripts up to be evaluated.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Yes, there are equivalency and accreditation paperwork that can be completed to get you credit for your foreign degree. It will take some effort on your recruiter's part but it can be done. I know a few people who have foreign degrees and were able to commission just fine.

number9

Contributor
You will probably need to give up your Swedish citizenship in order to join. Ask your recruiter about this if it's a concern to you.