• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS class 182- January 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc9280

I figured with all the posts about the October class I would go ahead and start a forum for class 182. I am getting ready to submit my SNA package for the cold winter class and was looking to meet some people before we report. Anyone else shooting for 182?

Kevin

kaiken82

I am shooting for the Class 182 as well, have you heard what the deadline is for having packets submitted? Just need to do my pft and send it in? What run time are you banging out?

kmc9280

That's pretty much all I'm waiting on also. My PRK waiver package was sent in today by the flight surgeon and he said there is no reason I wouldn't get the waiver. Other than that my package is just waiting on my PFT. I wanted to give it another few weeks before I ran it to do as well as possible. I'm at about 15 pull-ups, 100 sit-ups and a 22 min. run. The run is what is killing me because I've been struggling w/ shin splints. I'm about a week 1/2 into the Armstrong pull-up program and I've already increased 2 pull-ups, I should be at 17 hopefully when I take the PFT. I'm not worried about the PFT when we report because we still have a lot of time but lately it's been kind of stressful trying to improve to be competitive. How bout you? And how did you do on the ASTB? I think I had a 6,7,6 and 53 OAR. I think we can wait as late as mid-November to submit but don't quote me. Anyway enough of my rambling, best of luck.

Kevin

kaiken82

I hear ya brother on the shin splints, it kept me from submitting for the Oct. 6 class. Finally shook them and am making progress again on the run, 23:30 is my best right now I too am hoping to shave a couple minutes in the next few weeks, just wasn't sure how much time we had, my OSO didn't know exactly when this board was going to meet. As for the crunches and pull-ups, banging out all of them, hope this makes up for my lack of speed on the run, the ASTB was a 464, my OSO did not mention OAR to me, what is it comprised of?

megrey06

Kingsville
Hey guys,
I'm also waiting to submit my SNA packet for the January OCC class. Sounds like we're all having the shin splint issue. Mine just started acting up about a month ago, so my run regimen has suffered a little but I should still be b/t 22 and 23 minutes.

Sit-ups are 95-100 (depending on the time of day that I do them), but unfortunately my pull-ups are only at about 8 right now. I spent my college years in an Army ROTC program at North Georgia College, so pull-ups are something new to me. I am almost through my first week with the Armstrong program, and I can already feel a difference at the end of a set. I don't take the PFT for another 3 weeks, so I hope to be in the 12-14 range by then (ooh-rahs and prayers are welcome).

Anyway, I just took my wife up to Quantico and Marine Barracks 8th & I for the final Evening Parade of the season. I've seen it several times, but this was her first time. Wanted her to see the Marine Corps with a little pizazz (she had only seen Jacksonville previously). It was a great success, and we just learned that two of our friends from college who went through PLC are now in the strike pipeline [one at Kingsville, and the other at VMFAT-101 (Miramar)].

You guys keep it up, and hopefully we'll all get to take our beatings in January (Thank you sir, may I have another!).

Talk to you soon,
Matt

kmc9280

Matt,
It sounds like we have quite a bit in common. Here I thought I'd be the only married guy at OCS. It's also nice to hear that I'm not the only one going through the rigors of preparing for this... shin splints, pull-ups, etc. I've felt like I'm nowhere near were I should be physically, but it sounds like I'm on the right track. Keep me updated on your progress and best of luck.

Kevin

megrey06

Kingsville
Kevin,
I'm sure there will be a couple other old married guys there. I'm working out six days a week right now and running every chance that I get. I'll let you know how I progress over the next several weeks.

-Matt

Beaver

Hey guys,
I'm also applying for the January OCC class. I'm pretty worried about it though, because I haven't heard anything about the numbers they're going to accept. All I hear is, "very competitive." Fortunately I'm not having to deal with any injuries so my run is somewhere around 20 min with max situps and around 17 or 18 pull-ups. I'll know for sure this Saturday when I retake the PFT. Wouldn't it be nice if they just let us all in? Ha, yeah right. Of course, if they let just anyone in then what a shitty place it would be, right? I just hope all this work I'm putting in will pay off for January.

Good Luck

O-man

with a PFT score like that- you will get in. I have No doubt about that. I have never even heard of a person not getting In- its getting Through- that is the hard part. semper Fi-

kmc9280

kaiken,
OAR is officer Aptitude Rating. I know the Navy looks at this number, I don't know if the Corps does or not. I haven't heard anyone talking about it.

Kevin

SGorski

sorry for the double post....not sure how that happened.

quote:
When do packets have to be in for the OCC 182 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.