• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ocs class 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

los5041

Hey there Taxman2 you nasty thing it's Landrau. I went this summer but was in Jr's India/3, anyone else there with me. How about Sergeant Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Baker anyone remember him? What a scary Marine he was.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Whats up Landrau, nasty six weeker.
Haha I'm sure you guys paid for having Gunny Baker on your platoon staff though...
hey Farkle you remember GySgt Baker don't you (He was a Ssgt at the beginning of the cycle) ? You know- that crazy sniper who taught all of our tactics classes...
Let me tell you something Candidates- one class with this Marine will make you friggin glad that he's on our side and not the other! He's only there during the summer, the rest of the year he's an instructor at sniper school. So any of you who are going this summer should at least get some classes taught by him.
"If you aren't running a 300 PFT, then you're slowing your team down. And anyone who slows his team down can't lead, and should get a bullet in his grape and be left at the side of the road!"

farkle84

GySgt Baker was a crazy fool. that guy i bet was fun having him for a Sgt Instructor. But i dont think anyone compares to GySgt Beal. He was the hurricane. Yeah your head isnt a head, it is a grape.

farkle84

i believe that Alpha Co is always the PLC combined, and Charlie is always the OCC candidates. Then there is India, Golf, and one more for the six week candidates.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
The one that farkle didn't list was Echo company...
every once in a while they switch it up though. I have heard that some summers PLC combined is Bravo company... Also, I have a friend who went to PLC Jr.'s back 2 summers ago second increment and was in Kilo company instead of India.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
yeah, charlie had it a whole lot easier! I don't know if it's like that all the time, but charlie company this last summer was alot less intense than alpha. They didn't get yelled at anywheres near as much as we did, and their libo always started 2-3 hours before ours too.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Ok... looking at my last post it looks like I'm really draggin the Charlie name through the mud...
Before someone from Charlie calls me out on this, I'd just like to say that the purpose of my post was more to assert my Alpha pride than anything else...

Also for the record, I'm certainly not trying to discount the efforts of Charlie Co./1st platoon, of which only 14 or 15 candidates survived out of what was probably 60 or so at the beginning. I'm sure being in that platoon was no joke at all.

But hey, Charlie company did only have to do 3 LRC runs during SULE II, right?
To be honest I think Alpha company was the only company all summer that had to do all 4 runs. Remember we also got the less desirable of 2 SULE Bivuac sites- the top of Radar Hill, meaning every LRC run meant a fun filled meeting with a hill called Da Nang. Ah well, I'm sure Fartlek hill wasn't fun either.

farkle84

Da Nang. wow, thats one hill i am glad i will never see again. hey but looking back, i had a great time and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.