• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Boards FY2019

kessel

Hi everyone!

I am interested in applying for the FY 2019 boards and I have numerous questions. Some of these I've tried Googling and have not found the answer.

1) Does anyone have a link with the deadlines for the Feb. 2019 boards along with OCS ship out dates?
2) My undergrad was in Kinesiology (2.75 GPA) and masters is in Athletic Leadership and Administration (3.97 GPA). Realistically, which officer positions should I be applying for, if any at all? I was looking at Supply and perhaps transitioning into HR (since there is no direct commission program) when the time was appropriate.
3) What websites did you look at to study for the OAR?
4) If I received a 39 on my first OAR exam and study my butt off, is it realistic that I can get 50+ when I take the test again?
5) Have any of you failed the OAR, enlisted instead, and found that you were better off going this route?
6) Have any of you dual-processed and went through the enlistment process while waiting to hear back from the boards?

Thank you all for any info!

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
Hi everyone!

I am interested in applying for the FY 2019 boards and I have numerous questions. Some of these I've tried Googling and have not found the answer.

1) Does anyone have a link with the deadlines for the Feb. 2019 boards along with OCS ship out dates?
2) My undergrad was in Kinesiology (2.75 GPA) and masters is in Athletic Leadership and Administration (3.97 GPA). Realistically, which officer positions should I be applying for, if any at all? I was looking at Supply and perhaps transitioning into HR (since there is no direct commission program) when the time was appropriate.
4) If I received a 39 on my first OAR exam and study my butt off, is it realistic that I can get 50+ when I take the test again?
5) Have any of you failed the OAR, enlisted instead, and found that you were better off going this route?
6) Have any of you dual-processed and went through the enlistment process while waiting to hear back from the boards?

I will only address #5. Commissioning while enlisted can be a serious crapshoot. The programs are extremely competitive and you still need the ASTB to apply to OCS. Your best bet is to stay away from the enlisted route and keep trying to commission. If you want to serve and cant commission for one reason or another then go for it. Enlisted life isnt bad, but you will be much better to just go straight O side. If you enlist you realistically wont be able to apply for any commissioning program for at least a year. Probably 2 since most COC's wont sign off on anything until you are completely qual'ed to include your pin.

Hope that helps. Just my .02

ONS2017

Hi everyone!

I just stumbled onto a calendar of rough dates for 2019 boards the other day. It was on the public.navy.mil site—but you have to dig around. There were a couple in Jan/Feb and a couple in August.

kessel

I just stumbled onto a calendar of rough dates for 2019 boards the other day. It was on the public.navy.mil site—but you have to dig around. There were a couple in Jan/Feb and a couple in August.

Thank you! Did you have to log in to view the list?

ONS2017

Thank you! Did you have to log in to view the list?
No, didn’t have to log in. It’s kind of weird formatting on the site—if you’re on mobile. Which I am 99% of the time. So you might have to scroll all the way to the top right. Idk maybe it’s just my phone. But if you go to the supply corps folder it’s in there and it lists board dates for most designators.