• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS/AVCAD Narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.

resqguy77

:confused: I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me the narrative you used for OCS package (as a template only). I dont want to plagarize anything; just having a hard time getting started. I cant seem to find much guidance on format and content. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Doc33

did you get any help?

You're probably finished with the narrative already but I was recenlty accepted so if you hear, let me know and I'll send you some advice/samples.

rzm

USCG OCS Applicant and Future MH-68a Pilot
Doc33,

I would be interested in whatever advice/examples you could offer. Naturally, the individual nature and my own ethics would preclude me from plagerizing anything, just for your comfort. It would help me to have an idea of what is good. I am applying for the Aug. 2004 deadline.

Thank you,

rzm.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Pfft.. plagerize. That's how I got in. :)

Honestly, I had looked at like 7 narratives from friends and shipmates, dicescted, used the best parts from each, tailored slightly, and whammo, got in first try.

And it's got everyone else in that's used my template. I think, what, 7 or 8 people?

I've said it before, but I'll see if I can dig it up... I'll have to scan it, no longer have it on disk.

resqguy77

Nope not in yet. Didnt make the deadline for AVCAD. My x-rays were 'lost' after I did my physical, and couldnt get a new one done in time. Gonna try again next time they offer AVCAD. I would still greatly appreciate and samples or templates for the narrative. My current email is swunch@peoplepc.com. Thanks.

resqguy77

:spin_125: Just got done with my PCS move, and haven't touched anything for OCS or AVCAD in a couple months. Going to try and get back on track now that things have settled down. Would still be extremely interested in narrative help (copies, samples, advice, etc.) Thanks. The email listed in the previous post in no longer valid. Check profile for new email. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.