• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS application

amessick

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, got told about it by a local career counselor. I'm in the process of getting my application together for OCS, I'm probably going to need all kinds of medical waivers to finish up my physical, but what my question is, how should I go about asking officers in the designator I'm applying for for interviews? I'm applying for pilot and NFO, and I'm currently in South Carolina, there aren't many Navy pilots around here. Thanks for the help!

Messick

Renegade One

None
Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is crawling with Naval Aviators. Also the NROTC Unit at the University of South Carolina probably has some on staff, as would the Citadel Military College. The Naval Recruiting District that covers your area would have access to some as well, I would hope. Ask around.

amessick

Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is crawling with Naval Aviators. Also the NROTC Unit at the University of South Carolina probably has some on staff, as would the Citadel Military College. The Naval Recruiting District that covers your area would have access to some as well, I would hope. Ask around.
Thank you! I will reach out!

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, got told about it by a local career counselor. I'm in the process of getting my application together for OCS, I'm probably going to need all kinds of medical waivers to finish up my physical, but what my question is, how should I go about asking officers in the designator I'm applying for for interviews? I'm applying for pilot and NFO, and I'm currently in South Carolina, there aren't many Navy pilots around here. Thanks for the help!

Messick
Are you currently on AD? and medical waivers can take time so better to get by those hurdles first, have you already taken the ASTB? Ideally interviews are signed within 6 months of the board happening so you don't want to get them too soon given your concern about medical issues.

amessick

Are you currently on AD? and medical waivers can take time so better to get by those hurdles first, have you already taken the ASTB? Ideally interviews are signed within 6 months of the board happening so you don't want to get them too soon given your concern about medical issues.
Yes I'm currently active duty and I'm a HM, so I'm pretty familiar with the waiver process. So I should wait until the waivers come back to start the interview process? I haven't taken the ASTB yet, planning on in the next month or so. Seems like my priority should be my Medical Exam and waivers first huh?

exNavyOffRec

Yes I'm currently active duty and I'm a HM, so I'm pretty familiar with the waiver process. So I should wait until the waivers come back to start the interview process? I haven't taken the ASTB yet, planning on in the next month or so. Seems like my priority should be my Medical Exam and waivers first huh?

I would go for ASTB first so you know where you stand, but you need to get medical cleared up too as there are conditions that will prevent you from getting commissioned, more than once I have seen it come back "not qualified for commissioning but qualified for continued enlisted service".

there are some conditions that will DQ you specific to aviation but not other designators.

eranger24

Would anyone happen to have Mr. Celestin's contact information? I was told he could answer a question about how early you can submit for OCS before graduating college.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
I literally put a post on FB and a MSgt I've worked with happened to know the intel Capt at the Naval academy and he told his subordinates to interview me. Never underestimate the power of your network.