• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Application and Officer Recruiter Questions

Bob Tyler

I'm currently in my 3rd year of college (out of 5 total) for Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech, and aspire to be a Naval Aviator, most likely through OCS.

1) When is the soonest I should/can meet with an officer recruiter to start preparing for the OCS application process?

2) Any tips for the OCS application that I could start working on now to prepare ahead of time? I know volunteering for the community looks good, so I've been searching for community projects near my college that are looking for volunteers.

3) Does having a history of doing engineering internships or research help as well? I'm currently also trying to acquire an engineering internship or join a research group as an undergrad researcher at the moment, but it's not my biggest priority.

4) Would pursuing and acquiring a PPL look good on an OCS application? I was planning on doing so regardless, but if it would help my application noticeably, I would place a higher priority on acquiring it.

5) Any recommendations when meeting with the officer recruiter? I know from talking with a friend that some recruiters can try to exaggerate or mislead you on certain facts, and I haven't dealt with any military recruiters personally before, so any tips here would be awesome.

Thank you all for your time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm currently in my 3rd year of college (out of 5 total) for Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech, and aspire to be a Naval Aviator, most likely through OCS.

1) When is the soonest I should/can meet with an officer recruiter to start preparing for the OCS application process?

2) Any tips for the OCS application that I could start working on now to prepare ahead of time? I know volunteering for the community looks good, so I've been searching for community projects near my college that are looking for volunteers.

3) Does having a history of doing engineering internships or research help as well? I'm currently also trying to acquire an engineering internship or join a research group as an undergrad researcher at the moment, but it's not my biggest priority.

4) Would pursuing and acquiring a PPL look good on an OCS application? I was planning on doing so regardless, but if it would help my application noticeably, I would place a higher priority on acquiring it.

5) Any recommendations when meeting with the officer recruiter? I know from talking with a friend that some recruiters can try to exaggerate or mislead you on certain facts, and I haven't dealt with any military recruiters personally before, so any tips here would be awesome.

Thank you all for your time.

Take care of number one now, then ask 2-5 when you meet up with an OR.

Good luck!